“Great surf lessons!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 164 Activities in Lahaina
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Once in a life time beginner surf lessons which take place five minutes south of LAHAINA and advanced surf lessons which take place right in the heart of Paia. The Rivers brothers and our team of professional, fun & experienced surf instructors invite you to join in on the fun of becoming a surfer! With our Maui surf lessons, you will be welcomed to the surfing world with plenty of aloha and taught to surf with an emphasis on water safety and proper surfing etiquette. By the end of your lesson you will learn how to stand up, stay up and catch a wave all on your own!
Mill Valley, California
“Great surf lessons!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My two kids (13 and 17), my husband and I took surf lessons with Rivers to the Sea and all had a fun and successful experience-- we all got up within the first few attempts. The first day our lesson was with Kyle who was very knowledgeable, patient and fun! In one and a half hours were given so much information and many tips. The second day Tide was our instructor. He grew up on Maui and surfing is in his blood. Again, more incredibly helpful information and tips. My kids started being able to turn on their boards. Tide also is a fountain of information about the island and gave us some great hiking and dining recommendations. Lauren, who books the lessons couldn't be nicer or more helpful. Great experience from first phone call to final ride!

Visited August 2013

Islamorada, Florida
“A must do in Maui!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a wonderful time learning to surf with Tide at Rivers to the Sea and HIGHLY recommend him! Lauren, the office manager, was very helpful and gave us lots of good tips for dining, shopping and sight seeing. Plan your first lesson early in your trip - you'll want to do it again!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Great First Surfing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My Husband and I took a lesson with Tide on our Honeymoon. Tide was awesome and had us standing up on waves in no time. We like to refer to him as our "surfing spirit guide." Overall, we had a lot of fun surfing and would recommend Rivers to the Sea to anyone. As an added bonus, we had a monk seal make herself comfortable on the beach while our lesson was happening!

Mesa, Arizona
“Surfing memory!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband, son and daughter all took lessons with Tide! They had an amazing time and they all got up!! I'm always telling the kids 'just made a memory for me'. Well after the lesson my 16 year old son said "Mom that was a memory for me! Thanks!!" When doing high/lows from the trip all three of them listed surfing lessons on the total high list!! Thank you Tide for helping make great memories for all of us!!

Visited July 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

San Francisco, California, United States
“Fantastic time for a 1st-timer !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I booked a 1.5hr, individual surfing lesson with Tide, and had a blast ! Tide is fantastic at giving confidence to a first-timer, adapt his explanations and make it really fun and exciting. The location is great, away from the crowd and excellent waves. Trully worth the $, I will go again on my next trip to Maui !