“A Must-Do in Maui” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 165 Activities in Lahaina
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Once in a life time beginner surf lessons which take place five minutes south of LAHAINA and advanced surf lessons which take place right in the heart of Paia. The Rivers brothers and our team of professional, fun & experienced surf instructors invite you to join in on the fun of becoming a surfer! With our Maui surf lessons, you will be welcomed to the surfing world with plenty of aloha and taught to surf with an emphasis on water safety and proper surfing etiquette. By the end of your lesson you will learn how to stand up, stay up and catch a wave all on your own!
Tampa, Florida
“A Must-Do in Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I had a one-on-one lesson with Tide and it was awesome! The surf was amazing and I really enjoyed my first time surfing. Well worth the expense to get the best instruction. I highly recommend Rivers to the Sea for everyone of all level of experience.

Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
“Great lesson, great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Tide was our instructor and explained everything clearly and simply. We were up on the boards in no time , even though this was our first time surfing. We would highly recommend. We were in a group of 3.

Ottawa, Canada
“well worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our private two-person lesson was well worth it. After quickly going over the basics on the beach, we immediately went out into the water. Our guide knew the perfect spot to catch waves, and gave us a helpful push the first couple of times. Throughout the lesson, he provided insightful feedback and warm encouragement. In a matter of minutes, we were standing and riding the waves! I couldn't asked for anything more.

NJ
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent Choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I were really excited to take a surf lesson while on our honeymoon and Rivers to the Sea was a great choice. We had a lot of fun and we were up and riding very quickly. The private lessons give you all the individual attention you could need from help paddling out to an extra push to be in position to catch a wave. Wangdu was a great instructor and a very nice guy. He went over all the essentials of board position and alignment, paddling technique, how to end a ride and fall off your board. We got right to it and caught many waves during our session!

Walpole, New Hampshire
9 attraction reviews
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My surfing lesson with Kiva was by far the most fun
activity that I had on Maui. He was constantly reminding
me of the basics of surfing, and as a first time surfer,
I managed to have several good rides. I couldn't have
picked a better way to spend my 50th birthday!!

Visited May 2012