“Charging for parking is insulting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aina Nalu

You added Aina Nalu to your Saves list
Aina Nalu
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Wainee Street, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761 (Formerly Aston Maui Islander)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Use Promo Code & Save Now
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Lahaina
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Charging for parking is insulting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

A parking fee of $17.50 per day is insulting considering the space available and the nightly rate being charged. Local parking is only $12!

We were told items like coffee and washing powder were free but in our four night stay we asked twice for coffee. First time none was delivered and the second time we asked it was brought ten minutes before we checked out.

The apartment is like a home from home with great facilities. Sort out the parking and slow housekeeping delivers and I'd give 5 stars.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was booked in here by a travel agent, as part of a cross-America trip, so I wasn't really involved in the choice of the hotel. I'm very pleased to report that it is a little gem of a place and I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of my stay.

From the outside, the place looks nothing special. The reception is under a large roof, but is otherwise open to tbe elements. The woman who checked me in was friendly, helpful and welcoming and, because the layout of the hotel makes it rather difficult for the uninitiated to find their way around, went out of her way to make sure I wasn't going to wander aimlessly.

Once I got to my room, I was (pleasantly) shocked to discover that I'd actually got a one-bedroomed apartment, rather than a simple room. It was fairly large and very well furnished - the kitchen was better equipped than my own! A fridge/freezer, huge cooker, kettle, toaster and virtually every piece of cutlery & crockery you could want. There was even a waste disposal unit in the sink and a dishwasher! There was a large colour TV in both the bedroom and lounge, telephone in both rooms, a safe in the bedroom and free wifi. Add aircon AND ceiling fans in the lounge and bedroom, a ceiling fan in the bathroom, stone-walled shower enclosure and a washing machine and tumble dryer and you have a very well equipped apartment indeed.

The bed was very comfortable, even with my back problems, and it was absolutely huge. The linen was very good quality.

If you want your towels refreshed or the "room" cleaned during your stay, it costs extra and you should be aware that there is a "checkout cleaning fee" payable, to cover a thorough clean of the place after your departure. I paid $95 and, because I'm quite a tidy person, there was little for the cleaners to do, so I felt slightly aggrieved at the charge.

There are two pools, as well as a hot tub, fully-equipped BBQ area and ice, drink and snack vending machines.

While the hotel backs onto a main highway, I can't say that I noticed very much traffic noise, even though the surrounding area is very quiet.

Even though the Aina Nalu is located in an otherwise residential side-street, I felt safe walking around the area late at nights, although the street lighting leaves something to be desired. I'd suggest taking a small torch, or downloading a flashlight app for your mobile phone, if you plan to go out exploring in the darker evenings. It's a less-than-five-minute walk to Front Street- where all the shops and restaurants are located.

The Aina Nalu is a little gem of a hotel and I'd heartedly recommend it if you find yourself in Lahaina.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
north bend oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

my wife and myself booked this hotel condo. when we arrived we were greeted warmly by the receptionist. we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom, let me tell you the condo is huge wit a large living room, nice kitchen and a large bedroom. everything we need was there. stove, microwave, refrigerator, 2 big TV's utensils, plates, even wine glasses and opener. the showers were of granite. in short beautiful place. a short walk to shops, restaurants and beach. I recommend this place to couples and families. they have 3 swimming pools. parking expensive about 20.00 a night but we did not rent a car the bus is just next block. and the front street as well. I am glad I choose this place

Bloomington, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel its in great location, accessible to Lahiana Front street and all activities. Its a good place if you want to have the feel of Lahaina town and people.

I stayed in studio ,they call it a studio but its a joke. It has a kitchen and all untecils but no stove to cook. How is that a studio then? There is a parking fee too, i way expensive like 20$/day. and there is a checkout fee, and no maid service to clean the unit. I think its a well constructed place but bad money minded management .

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This condo worked perfectly as we did not wish to rent a car in Maui (by the way, no I still do not regret it!). Close to bus stop, front street, short walk to 505 beach for surf lessons. The kitchen was great money saver, and if you don't feel like cooking there are so many great restaurants in Lahaina. The grounds are beautiful, the bed comfortable and the shower was fantastic. The only things keeping it from being 5 stars were some traffic noise and a bit of an ant problem. Overall great value

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Parsons, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I loved Maui and our stay at Aina Nalu. The condo was an ideal location to see the sights of Lahaina, with restaurants and shops an easy walk away. It also served as a great home spot for our island exploring. The condo itself was perfect for the two of us with plenty of room, and equipped with all the necessities to make our stay comfortable. The washer and dryer were great to keep up with laundry, and the king size bed provided a good nights sleep after busy, busy days. Although we were busy seeing the sights of Maui, and didn't have much time to enjoy the pool, it was a beauty! The owners were great to work with and provided timely responses. They also provided great tips for our Maui stay. We would highly recommend this unit and would definitely stay again!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked 4 days in Maui as part of a 2 week island trip. The property is very quiet and walking distance to the main street. The studio was clean. There was a common outdoor space with a pool. It is important for us to have WIFI use which we could not get on the first 2 days. we were shocked to find resort fees at most Hotels but they charged $75 for cleaning even for a two day stay. there was no cleanup during our stay only after we left, yet when we got the studio coffee grounds were still in coffee pot. $17.50 per day parking in their parking lot was a shock. Be aware of all fees before you book. Nicer properties on the water and balconies for the same money available. also the orientation consisted of a sales job on tours. we bought 2, sunset cruise and road to Hana. In both cases their sales woman lied about what we would be getting and in comparison to other similar tours, we're way overpriced.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aina Nalu? Share your experiences!