Stayed in G108 in the Aloha building which was a 2 bed 2 bath on 1st floor just a few doors down from the reception area Aug 20-27 with my Mom, brother and his girl friend.
Nice clean, complex with 2 nice pools and a Jacuzzi. Front street was a 3 minute walk away. Condo was well stocked and we did not pay for the housekeeping. When we needed anything like coffee filters, laundry soap, shampoo, etc..., we got it at the front desk. Flat screen TV's in both bedrooms and the living room. A/C units in both bedrooms and living room. Parking was plentiful but if I had it to do again, I would park on the street and save the daily parking fee. There were plenty of spots. Complex was quiet and patrolled. There was one night we heard the neighbors partying pretty loud. We didn't call anyone and security knocked on the door and told them to cool it. We never heard another loud night after that. Front desk staff very helpful and kind during our stay.
Mildew and lots of it. I know it's the tropics but this unit needs some serious bleach. The shower walls in the master bath have lots of mold growing. My sinuses only plug up when they are around mold and my nose ran the entire time we were there.
They had professionals spray the entire complex for bugs while we were there. Our kitchen was infested with tiny little spider like ants. Hundreds of them were coming out of the sink. They came and sprayed again but they were back the next morning. Again, it's the tropics, but this was a serious infestation.
I booked this vacation back in March. I called them shortly after to request a 2 bed 2 bath on the second floor with 2 twins in one of the bedrooms. I was told to do this in order to get the room I wanted. However, when I called, I was met with a "why are you calling so far ahead" attitude and it was clear that this person was put off by my calling. I waited and called again about 4 weeks later and was met with the same attitude. I knew it was never going to happen before arriving and I was right. Even though I called twice, we were put in a room on the ground floor, with 1 king and 1 queen. Things like this don't make or break a vacation for me, they do, however, have an affect on which place I choose to stay the next time I visit. Being on the second floor and having one of the bedrooms with 2 beds was important to us. I feel we booked far enough ahead of time that this should never have been an issue.
Overall, we had a good time and didn't spend that much time at the resort. Nothing against Aina Nalu, but when I return to Maui next spring, I will stay on the beach in a newer complex. I knew going in this was and older resort and not on the beach, just expected to get the room we wanted and think we could have been accommodated if our request would have been taken seriously in the beginning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aina Nalu(R) Lahaina by Outrigger(R) is a very special Lahaina hotel, an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Maui's historic Lahaina Town just a short stroll from the art galleries and bistros on colorful Front Street. The award-winning design of these residential-style Lahaina hotel vacation rentals is reflected in appealing details of Asian-inspired room decor, a sleek infinity pool, an elegant poolside pavilion, and cozy garden gazebos. This private hotel condo tucked away in a quiet neighborhood setting is a serene alternative to the Lahaina hotels on the busy waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Aina Nalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Resort
- Aina Nalu Resort
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Aina Nalu Maui/Lahaina