“Super Nice for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aina Nalu

You added Aina Nalu to your Saves list
Aina Nalu
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Wainee Street, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761 (Formerly Aston Maui Islander)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Use Promo Code & Save Now
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Lahaina
Rosemount, Minnesota
“Super Nice for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed May 2013 in the 2 bedroom 1 bath unit (H-205) For the price we payed I was amazed at the unit. Nothing fancy and you don't get any extras, but if you're looking to save some $$ than this is a great place. Close to town so you can just walk there. They do provide you with all the plates, pans, paper towels, laundry detergent and any other basics that you need.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Aloha Jenny B,

thank you for posting your positive review. I'm so pleased your were able to not only enjoy your stay but also found great value in it. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please contact me if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.

oan@outrigger.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

It should be noted that we did not travel to Maui for the resort life. We were just looking for a place to rest while we did all of our island adventures. This place more than exceeded our expectations. We were originally booked for a studio and were upgraded to a one/one. I was extremely content with the upgrade since it allowed us to wash our clothes and use the kitchenette. The location is optimal; walking distance to Front Street, which is full of restaurants and shops and the Lahaina harbor should you be taking any boats out of this place. The pool and heated pool were a very nice touch. You have the view of the west Maui peaks in the backdrop. Also, we won a sunset cocktail cruise (2 for the price of 1) at the 1st day complimentary breakfast. Okay, to be fair, the complimentary breakfast is a bit pitiful, but I would recommend you go just for the opportunity to win something. The only thing I would advice against is paying for parking. We stayed 8 nights and we found parking on 7 of those 8 nights. The night we didn't, we parked in an overnight lot just down the street for $3.00 less than the hotel's price. When we did find parking, we parked right outside of the hotel. The only thing that was a bit questionable was the cleanliness of the bedsheets heh!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

i stayed in a 2-br, 2-bath condo with my husband and another couple. the room was very modern with an impressive kitchen and bathrooms.

it is a 2-minute walk into town, which was perfect for a night out after a day on the beach. a 20-minute $2 bus ride will take you to whaler's village and kaanapali beach.

i got to spend a brief morning at the pool but wish i had more time to enjoy the pool and bbq.

i would recommend the condos to anyone.

Aloha jooliecoolie,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. You have noted a couple good tips for other guests. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us to other guests.

BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We 've stayed at the Outrigger Aina Nalu for years but this time, it was very disappointing. It was dirty and frankly, we will look for other location next time. Apparently they've been stratified and different owners for the units/buildings and although they offer daily housekeeping, it comes with a $50 charge per day. Consequently, we had finger nail clippings, stained mattress covers, and heavy accumulation of dust on window coverings.

Room Tip: I dont think theres a bad location if they were all clean but not sure what the other buildings were...
Aloha SierraBc,

thank you for posting your review. I'm sorry the unit did not meet your expectations. I apologize you were not informed of the changes to our housekeeping service prior to your arrival. Please email me as I would like more information on your stay so we can be sure this does not happen again.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am a little leery of writing a great review because I would love to keep this place a secret. However, the property deserves some recognition. First, it's location is best for a short block walk to Front Street. The attention to the upkeep and cleanliness of the place is noticeable from the grounds, to the pool, to the living space. My only reservation about the property is it can seem a bit dark because of the architecture of the place, but the pool areas and other outside areas are sunny and welcoming. Best value in Maui. Great for families or couples. All amenities and updated!

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

When we arrived at this hotel we weren't unsure of what we may have found. But... The room is sooo nice. Almost everything is brand new. We had a 1 room bedroom and we had a fully equipped kitchen with oven, microwaves, big fridge and the dishwasher. In the toilet we found a fantastic washing machine and a very useful dryer.

The hotel is well located.
The only thing missed was a bar in the hotel.
If you need to clean up the room you will have to pay a fee.
Maui is really far from our country but i would come back in this hotel if i could!

• Stayed April 2013
Aloha russolalaura,

thank you fo much for taking the time to post your positive review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I spent lots of time trying to figure out where to stay on Maui, and when Aina Nalu had a rate of $115/night + tax offered for a one-bedroom it became the clear choice. Recently renovated, full kitchen, washer/dryer, excellent central location, no resort fees, no maids I feel obligated to tip to straighten my bedsheets. Exactly what I wanted.

You can easily avoid the extra $15/day parking charge if you're willing to walk a little further. I parked on the nearby streets for free without a problem, and $15/day is more than what the surrounding pay-lots charge as well.

The unit was very large and mostly renovated (some things were still from the dark ages, such as some nasty green night stands and bedspread). I was on the second floor and beside the highway, but noise was never a problem at night. The AC easily drowned out external noises and I slept great.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, even at a higher nightly rate.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Aloha tch77,

thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. You have noted some great tips for other guests. Please contact me in regard to the unit you stayed in so we can make sure it meets our standard requirements.

oan@outrigger.com

Been to Aina Nalu? Share your experiences!