“would have stayed longer.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aina Nalu

You added Aina Nalu to your Saves list
Aina Nalu
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Wainee Street, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761 (Formerly Aston Maui Islander)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Use Promo Code & Save Now
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Lahaina
New York City, New York
“would have stayed longer.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

i stayed in a 2-br, 2-bath condo with my husband and another couple. the room was very modern with an impressive kitchen and bathrooms.

it is a 2-minute walk into town, which was perfect for a night out after a day on the beach. a 20-minute $2 bus ride will take you to whaler's village and kaanapali beach.

i got to spend a brief morning at the pool but wish i had more time to enjoy the pool and bbq.

i would recommend the condos to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Aloha jooliecoolie,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. You have noted a couple good tips for other guests. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us to other guests.

oan@outrigger.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We 've stayed at the Outrigger Aina Nalu for years but this time, it was very disappointing. It was dirty and frankly, we will look for other location next time. Apparently they've been stratified and different owners for the units/buildings and although they offer daily housekeeping, it comes with a $50 charge per day. Consequently, we had finger nail clippings, stained mattress covers, and heavy accumulation of dust on window coverings.

Room Tip: I dont think theres a bad location if they were all clean but not sure what the other buildings were...
Aloha SierraBc,

thank you for posting your review. I'm sorry the unit did not meet your expectations. I apologize you were not informed of the changes to our housekeeping service prior to your arrival. Please email me as I would like more information on your stay so we can be sure this does not happen again.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am a little leery of writing a great review because I would love to keep this place a secret. However, the property deserves some recognition. First, it's location is best for a short block walk to Front Street. The attention to the upkeep and cleanliness of the place is noticeable from the grounds, to the pool, to the living space. My only reservation about the property is it can seem a bit dark because of the architecture of the place, but the pool areas and other outside areas are sunny and welcoming. Best value in Maui. Great for families or couples. All amenities and updated!

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

When we arrived at this hotel we weren't unsure of what we may have found. But... The room is sooo nice. Almost everything is brand new. We had a 1 room bedroom and we had a fully equipped kitchen with oven, microwaves, big fridge and the dishwasher. In the toilet we found a fantastic washing machine and a very useful dryer.

The hotel is well located.
The only thing missed was a bar in the hotel.
If you need to clean up the room you will have to pay a fee.
Maui is really far from our country but i would come back in this hotel if i could!

• Stayed April 2013
Aloha russolalaura,

thank you fo much for taking the time to post your positive review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I spent lots of time trying to figure out where to stay on Maui, and when Aina Nalu had a rate of $115/night + tax offered for a one-bedroom it became the clear choice. Recently renovated, full kitchen, washer/dryer, excellent central location, no resort fees, no maids I feel obligated to tip to straighten my bedsheets. Exactly what I wanted.

You can easily avoid the extra $15/day parking charge if you're willing to walk a little further. I parked on the nearby streets for free without a problem, and $15/day is more than what the surrounding pay-lots charge as well.

The unit was very large and mostly renovated (some things were still from the dark ages, such as some nasty green night stands and bedspread). I was on the second floor and beside the highway, but noise was never a problem at night. The AC easily drowned out external noises and I slept great.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, even at a higher nightly rate.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Aloha tch77,

thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. You have noted some great tips for other guests. Please contact me in regard to the unit you stayed in so we can make sure it meets our standard requirements.

Grande Prairie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

When I booked my stay I was under the impression we were getting a one bedroom with a king size bed and a full kitchen. Upon arrival to our teeny tiny room we discovered no stove or hot plate and our 'king size' bed was king size width ways...but not length. If we slept against the headboard our legs were falling off the bed. SO we slept sideways in a very small and uncomfortable bed. WHen inquiring about the mistake I was offered to upgrade....for a price. Also you have to pay for room service....I've never heard of that. If you want extra towels or bedding it's $20. I just found this to be absurd given the cost of the rooms. However it wasn't all bad. THe 2 pools were great and the grounds are landscaped beautifully. Lots of recliners at the pools, we never had to wait for a chair to open up.

Room Tip: Make sure what unit you are getting when booking, don't be misled and very disappointed when you...
Aloha leahpasley,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry you were displeased with your unit. I did follow up and saw that you booked a studio unit and not a 1 bedroom. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your trip otherwise.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss your stay further.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We got a great deal on Priceline but when we arrived we were assigned a studio. This is the smallest room you will ever see with the double bed turned sideways to fit. Unless you are a college student used to hostels this is not for you. Fortunately, we upgraded to the two bedroom one bath and it was fantastic. The living room was spacious and the décor throughout was lovely. The kitchen was updated and very functional. Our unit (210B) was full of light due to skylights and floor to ceiling windows. Not to worry, lush foliage ensured plenty of privacy. The small pool was quiet and relaxing. The larger pool seemed more for kids and families. Anyway, when booking call the hotel directly and ask for an upstairs 2 bedroom with a interior view. Thanks so much to the ladies at the front desk, they were awesome.

Room Tip: Upstairs, two bedroom (even for a couple), interior location.
Aloha luvt2travel88,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. I'm so pleased to read our Front Desk agents were able to assist you in upgrading your unit. I will be sure to pass this on to the Front Office Manager. You have provided such a vivid description of the unit. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.

oan@outrigger.com

Been to Aina Nalu? Share your experiences!