“I would definately stay again.” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Outrigger Aina Nalu to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
Outrigger Aina Nalu
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Wainee Street, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761 (Formerly Aston Maui Islander)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Use Promo Code & Save Now
Ranked #21 of 28 hotels in Lahaina
Rochester, Minnesota
“I would definately stay again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I read a lot of reviews before we came and wasn't sure about this property ( I have high standards) but it was perfect for our family. We stayed in a spacious 2BR, 2 bath, full kitchen room, washer and dryer. The staff was very friendly and attentive if you need anything.

The positives were:
1.Clean (rooms and the property)
2.No bed bugs, the mattresses were encased in a zippered linen and very clean. The mattresses were very comfortable.
3. Kitchen was fully furnished with dishes, pans, soap, even salt and pepper.
4. Two pool areas were nice so that it didn't feel crowded
5. I never heard any neighboring rooms next to us or above us through the walls.
6. Very close to downtown and a lot of attractions. Easy to walk everywhere.
7. Grills were available and we used them every other day. Sometimes you had to share it with other guests but it was great to meet others.
8. Towels were plentiful and plush.

The negatives were:
1. Since they kept the property so clean, the maintaince crew were running their leaf blowers a lot. They were loud. We were adjusting to the time zone and slept a little later and the noise made it difficult to do that.
2. Paying for parking
3. Hot tub was broke for three days of our visit but was working before we left.
4. WIFI was nearly impossibile for us to get but I did see other guests in the lobby that were getting it. I was still not able to. High speed internet was available by USB port in the room for a fee.
5. A major road is behind the property. We couldn't see it but you could hear the emergency vehicles that went through several times each day.

Overall we were very happy with this property and felt it met all our needs. I'm so glad we didn't stay in a more expensive resort in a tiny room for the entire week. We would highly recommend this property and would stay again.

Room Tip: We requested a room that had been recently remodeled. We stayed on the main floor so we were very cl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Outrigger Aina Nalu, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Aloha MomStewart,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. The lists you made are definitely helpful to other guests as questions come up quite frequently.

I'm sorry you weren't able to connect to the WiFi in our lobby area. Please ask one of our staff members to assist you when having problems with this. In regard to the internet in the room can you please contact me to discuss? We do have ethernet cables in all of our units for guests to connect to the internet, but there should be no additional fee for this service.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the property very soon!

839 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Although there is no ocean view, this hotel has a very tropical feel right from check-in with an open air lobby.. Our room was 1 BR with kitchen, LR, large bathroom and laundry. The maid service is either by request (extra charge) or between guest stays, however the room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. We requested some extra soap one day and it was delivered in minutes. The location is a couple of blocks from the beach and Front Street which worked out well for us. We "island hopped" on this trip to Hawaii and this was easily our favorite hotel of the 3 on this trip and Lahaina is a fantastic town for vacation. We will be back and will stay at the Aina Nalu.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha aubrint,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We try to keep the property feeling tropical and are glad you noticed and appreciated that. I'm glad you really enjoyed your stay. Please contact me if you need any assistance in booking your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Aina Nalu for 5 days as part of our 20th anniversary trip. The unit was on the upper floor which gave us a nice view. We were very happy with the location which is within walking distance to everything around Front St. - lots of shops and things to do! The pool was clean and a nice place to hang out for the afternoon, you have to go early to get chairs or a cabana though... The highlights of the room were the open layout shower and the kitchen area with granite counter tops and full size appliances. We didn't do any cooking in the unit but everything was supplied if we had wanted to. There is an Internet connection available in each unit but it is the wired type - no WiFi. Wifi is available in the front lobby or the main pool area, not a big deal as we wanted some quiet time anyway. The only negatives we found were the noise from the parking lot and other guests etc, we were awake early every day and the AC units were quite noisy we could even hear the AC next door coming on and off. We made use of the ceiling fan in the bedroom to stay cool at night. Overall we were very happy with our stay at Aina Nalu and would recommend it to others.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha C_McK33,

thank you for taking the time to post your positive reviews. Congratulations on such a special occasion and we appreciate you chose to spend it on Maui at the Outrigger Aina Nalu. I'm pleased you enjoyed the features in your unit. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking any future stays with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Tacoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here in late Feb. & this was my first condo experience in HI. This condo also has a time share option which we were invited to tour & experience, thankfully a very low pressure pitch at our welcome breakfast. They have a tour booth on site if you have not already arranged your tours. The condo decor was very nice (2bdrm/2bath w/wash/dry - dryer took at least 2 cycles to fully dry). One odd thing was the counter/cupboard set up. I recommend using the footstool to access the cupboards if you are on the shorter side. When trying to reach & stretch you brush against the stove dials & can inadvertantly turn the burners on without realizing it until its too late. Kitchen is fully stocked with all the tools you need to cook. We had 5 adults & unfortunately there is not enough comfortable seating for that many (one couch, one chair w/ottoman, one backless chair). There is also not enough seating to eat (2 barstools at kitchen counter). The beds were not comfortable for any of us either (one king & two twins in the other room, & the pull out sofa mattress was horrible!) Our group is divided between liking firm and soft mattresses and neither group liked the beds or pillows. You can pay & opt for daily maid service but if you choose not to, the front desk can re-supply toiletries, soap, etc. no problem. You also dump your own garbage if you opt out of service but the bins are not far and they have recycle bins. Our ground floor room led directly to the salt water pool & hot tub which was nice, but they only had out 22 lounge chairs so at peak season, we were left out on getting one until late in the day. The chlorine pool had only 16 lounge chairs. There is a $15.00 per day parking fee, but parking close to the room was plentiful. The best part of staying here is LOCATION! You are a short 3 block walk from the heart of Lahaina (banyan tree). There is beach access there, tour departure, ferry departure, shops, galleries, the ubiquitous ABC store, low & high end restaruants. The grocery store is about 4 blocks down Wainee street. At this time of year you can see the humpbacks from shore but do take a whale watching tour for closer views! Overall I would probably stay here again even though I REALLY missed being on the ocean. After seeing the ocean view hotel room half our party moved to when we departed, even without the view, the condo accomodations were better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed in room 105A, a one bedroom. It was spacious enough for us and we were happy to have a refrigerator and microwave. Our room was on the first floor with views of plants. We were near the small pool. There was some noise from the people at the pool, but we spent most of our time during pool hours outside of the room so this was not a problem for us. We booked our room through hotels.com and had no problems. We really liked the location and paid the $15 per night for the parking because it was so convenient. It was nice being close to everything in Lahaina. We chose this location because it was central to everything we wanted to do. The couch and bed were comfortable. I would stay at this hotel again if we wanted to stay in Lahaina,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

After reading numerous terrible reviews on this property, I had contemplated cancelling our stay at Aina Nalu. However, I am so glad we did not. We just returned from 2.5 weeks at this beautiful property. It has somewhat recently been totally renovated, the locals still think of it as a run down dump, but that is not the case! The furnishings were modern, in perfect condition and clean. The bed was comfortable, bathrooms were quite spacious and clean. The kitchen was also in excellent condition and all appliances were in perfect working condition. I loved having in suite laundry and being able to prepare meals without having to constantly eat out. This property is within a ten minute walk to Baby Beach, which is a fantastic beach for those with little ones. The pools are lovely on site and the hot tub was spacious and very clean. I did not see any bugs during my stay, however there was a thermal insect removal truck servicing a unit a few doors down from us, disturbing but also comforting that the pest problem was being addressed as bugs are an unfortunate reality of travelling. The two major downfalls of this site are the extremely loud air conditioners, that are similar to the sound of airplane engines roaring to life and the walls are extremely thin. I could hear our neighbours BREATHING while sleeping. Regardless, I would return, loved the location and the property overall. Excellent value and excellent service from all employees we encountered.

• Stayed March 2013
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Outrigger Aina Nalu, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Aloha Nwtnatalie,

thank you for taking the time to post your informative review. I'm also glad that you decided to keep your booking with us. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking a future stay with us at the property. We look forward to welcoming you back!

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Only 2 blocks from Front street you can get twice the room for half the price if you don't need an ocean view. Our room was 1br with kitchen, living room, and laundry. For a fraction of the price of a high rise resort hotel where you only get a small room. The last time I stayed here there was daily maid service and this seems to have Been cut, but it is still a great value. The location is within easy walking distance of all the shops and restaurants in Lahaina and the property itself if secluded and quiet. I can say I have stayed there in the past and will again.

• Stayed March 2013
Aloha MKochek,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and continue to see the value. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

oan@outrigger.com

Been to Outrigger Aina Nalu? Share your experiences!