“A good place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Aina Nalu

Save Saved
You added Outrigger Aina Nalu to your Saves list
Outrigger Aina Nalu
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Wainee Street, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761 (Formerly Aston Maui Islander)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Use Promo Code & Save Now
Ranked #21 of 28 hotels in Lahaina
New Jersey
“A good place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Only 2 blocks from Front street you can get twice the room for half the price if you don't need an ocean view. Our room was 1br with kitchen, living room, and laundry. For a fraction of the price of a high rise resort hotel where you only get a small room. The last time I stayed here there was daily maid service and this seems to have Been cut, but it is still a great value. The location is within easy walking distance of all the shops and restaurants in Lahaina and the property itself if secluded and quiet. I can say I have stayed there in the past and will again.

• Stayed March 2013
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Outrigger Aina Nalu, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Aloha MKochek,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and continue to see the value. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

838 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a larger group, for which the location, amenities, and value were great.

I would consider staying here again, BUT 2/3 of the front desk staff from whom I asked for help need a lesson in customer service, and were blunt and unhelpful almost to the point of being rude! While I agree that the customer isn't always right, there are many ways to communicate this with an empathetic, positive attitude.

Together with improved customer service, some basic maintenance and updates would also help make this location excellent, versus just very good (e.g. sink blocked, tiles in shower chipped, furnishings outdated).

• Stayed March 2013
Aloha Kiwi06,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm disappointed to read you did not receive the best available customer service. Please contact me directly to go over what was lacking so we may pass this along to the staff. I look forward to hearing from you.

Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel after reading the favorable reviews. We were very pleased with the accommodations. We booked a room with 2 queens and ended up with a two-bedroom, two-bath condo which was perfect for me and my sister. The room was beautifully furnished with all the amenities we needed. It's nice to be able to fix some meals in the room. The beds and linens were very comfortable. We would have liked to use the pools but they were usually filled with rambunctious kids. It would have been nice to have one pool designated for adults. There is some noise between units especially if you are in one downstairs. But, all-in-all, it was a great stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Aloha Carol R,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.

Sorrento, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Arrived with a very warm welcome. The staff at the front desk was beyond helpful, as one lady driving on her way home, stopped to give us a cloth bag to shop for food, as the stores only give paper bags. Way beyond her duties, we think. Every morning received a warm aloha from the front desk. The ground crew was friendly and always working to keep the grounds beautiful so everyone could enjoy. The room was clean, bug free, and anytime we requested supplies we received within an hour. Down fall parking on the street was not that easy, if you wanted to leave your spot for the day you had to time your return or park a ten minute walk away. Over all the place was great but being in Lahaina the trafffic was not so nice, if you did not time your return from Kihie it could take hours to travel 12 miles. A must to see is Fleetwood on Front Street, 5 o'clock wine tasting for $5.00, wished I found the place sooner. What a deal!

Room Tip: We had room H202 which was an end unit and next to the small pool. Down fall no Lanai. Rooms are not...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Aloha melinda p,

thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. Your kind words have been passed along to the staff as well as the General Manager (she was the person who loaned you the bag). I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking a future stay.

Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Perhaps the only down side is a check in time between 3-4. However, the proximity to downtown Lahaina shops and restaurants make that a plus. We were able to great a nice lunch while waiting on our room. Loved our two bedroom condo and washer/dryer. Didn't really miss the cookie cutter and overpriced breakfast that other hotels offer.
Looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha scheri83,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you were able to appreciate the proximity of the property to downtown Lahaina. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I recently stayed at Aina Nalu for 4 nights during winter. The resort was very well maintained with stunning gardens, pools and BBQ areas and gorgeous mountain views. I stayed in a 2 bedroom condo, which included 2 spacious bathrooms, a large well stocked kitchen & laundry facilities. I hired a car & did lots of exploring of other towns and areas, however I enjoyed Lahaina the most, with restaurants, cafe's, grocery stores, shopping etc all within walking distance of Aina Nalu. I would definitely recommend & stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha Clare827,

thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back! Please contact me if you need any assistance in booking your next stay.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Front desk staff were not particularly friendly or helpful (we tried to extend our stay by 1 day -- apparently they don't do their own booking, you have to call their main hotel number -- and they really didn't give us much direction or appear like they even cared if we stayed or not!)

However, despite that, we were very satisfied and would stay there again. We stayed in the apartment style room. It is NOT what I would call a "resort" by any means -- it was more like a short-term rental unit/studio -- but we were fine with that. It was clean and spacious and had all the amenities we needed. There was a kitchen area with microwave, sink and dishwasher (no stove in the apartment style room), and there were also dishes, utensils, dishwashing soap, sponges, coffeemaker, etc.. Of note, the bathroom had nice large shower but no bathtub (didn't bother us though).

Free wireless was decent.

There is NO housekeeping service, you have to pay I think to have sheets/towels changed, but we actually liked this, as we prefer privacy and didn't need it. That being said, we did have to call for a repair person for a very minor repair (our fault), and he showed up within 20 minutes and was very helpful and friendly.

Location was great -- just a few minutes walk to shops, restaurants, tourist places, ocean.

Also, we had no trouble finding free parking on the street within the same block of the hotel. We didn't stay in busy season, but it was the weekend of the maui marathon, so it was pretty busy due to that.

Overall, a great place to stay for people who don't need or want luxury services.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Outrigger Aina Nalu, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Aloha HelloJapan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that you had some trouble with extending your stay. If you would like to email me with the details of your encounter I would appreciate that very much.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking a future stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back.

oan@outrigger.com

Been to Outrigger Aina Nalu? Share your experiences!