“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aina Nalu

You added Aina Nalu to your Saves list
Aina Nalu
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Wainee Street, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761 (Formerly Aston Maui Islander)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Use Promo Code & Save Now
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Lahaina
Hamilton & Waikato Region, New Zealand
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Again a great Location, right in the centre of Lahaina its self, so easy access to everywhere on foot, which is what you need when visiting Lahaina, great rooms, lots of facilities and clean and tidy, swimming pools on site too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in Lahaina for 1 week. The appartment was incredible and very clean. The housekeeping people were very friendly. The people working at the front desk weren't nice at all. We never felt welome...The location is great and you can walk to stores, restaurants in Lahaina.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Aloha Jackie B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass along your kind words to our housekeeping staff. I apologize our Front Desk staff did not meet your expectations. If you would like to contact me I would like to discuss that further. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.

Citrus Heights, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was our first trip to Hawaii and what an incredible vacation it was!! We were celebrating our 21st. anniversaryand both of our birthdays. The hotel was beautiful, quiet and very clean. This is the perfect place to stay if you want to get away from the crowds and just enjoy a quiet and relaxing vacation. The hotel is walking distance from Front street so you can eat and shop within minutes. And wow, what great food and wonderful people in Lahaina. Althoguh you can not see the water from this hotel, it doesn't really matter because you spend so much time on the beach anyways.We cannot wait to come back to this wonderful piece of paradise, Thank you Aina Nalu for a vacation we will never forget!!!!!

Room Tip: Our room was in the Fern section and it was very quiet. We had an upstairs room and the ceilings wer...
Bishop, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I've stayed here many times and had some issues on my last visit. However, this trip revealed the Ainau Nalu that I've grown to love. Shared a two bedroom unit with some friends. Everything in the unit worked well including the kitchen. We were able to fix a large breakfast each morning before heading out for sightseeing. Sort of like having some of the comforts of home with you while being able to walk to downtown Lahaina.
Note: On this trip, I was advised that they no longer provided daily room service. That being said, the room was not cleaned during my 7 day visit, but I was told housekeeping would respond upon request. Keep this in mind before throwing your wet towels on the floor after a shower!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Aloha 8640,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a favorable review. I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the full kitchen. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking a future stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

tokyo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Hotel is fine for a stopgap one or two nights but no more. The outside looks more like motel than a luxury resort - wooden frame buildings . Initial impressions are "what the hell?!"

Staff are friendly but somewhat slow in reacting.

Wifi is only available in lobby and pool. Modem is available in the rooms but no wifi - just buy some wifi routers, if u have an ipad iphone or any non Ethernet ready device you are done for if you are non US !

Hotel has a 70s feel to it.

The pool is a joke - don't even think about staying here if you just want to hangout at the pool - it's more like a small pond.
The sea water pool is a big square in a wide open green lawn

The rooms are big , a bit worn

Aircon sounds like a runway landing strip. The Ac unit was ancient also - It's like being in the engine room of a ship

Completely non smoking inside and out so if you fumeur you will be f$$ked off - heard that's the norm for the US however

It's not bad if you get a cheap rate, just to see lahaina but other than that nothing to draw you back.

If you are a surfer it'll be fine as you can hit the waves during the day and kick back in relatively ok surroundings at night

It's just all a bit worn though....

• Stayed November 2012
Aloha hungrysumo,

thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry to read you did not enjoy your stay with us. Not everyone is suited for condominium accommodations as more hotel type amenities. I apologize that we could not meet your needs and wish you luck with finding future Maui accommodations more to your liking.

Sebastopol, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The people working at this property were very helpful, thoughtful and professional. The pools and hot tub are nice, with comfortable, private areas to sit. But the condo itself was not clean. I was expecting more of a hotel environment, but this seemed more like a timeshare, where the cleaning is left up to the previous vacationers. I had to individually clean each remote - they were filthy, bacteria-ridden little horrors. Additionally, it was clear that the condo had not been given a proper cleaning in some time: Marks on the counters, dirt on the floor in the corners, handprints everywhere, dust on top of the ceiling fans, and most surprisingly, a layer of dust on the dresser in the bedroom. Everything was suspect: I was drinking a cup of coffee, and after taking a few sips, I noticed lipstick on the mug... and I wasn't wearing any. Oh, and there is no maid service; wish I had known that before arriving. The air-conditioning would be my number two reason for not returning. The in-wall air units were made in the Paleolithic Era, I think. They were dusty and and very loud. They emitted something faintly like cool air if run constantly, but that made it difficult to hear the television. Little details make a big difference; I hope management implements changes at some point. It won't make a difference to me, however, as I won't stay there again, even though I really enjoyed that people who work there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Aloha Mary C,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. Staying in a condominium versus a hotel is quite a different experience and not for everyone.

I have passed along your comments to our staff. In regard to the unit, I apologize that it was not as clean as it should have been as housekeeping tries to maintain strict standards. I have forwaded this post to their attention and will have them review as needed.

Thank you for your positive comments about the staff and the pools. Please contact me if you would like to discuss your stay.

vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were staying in a cottage at Kaanapali and decided to spend the last 2 nights right in Lahaina to enjoy the shops and restaurants of Front St. Because we had just spent a week right on the beach, we didn't care about view and just wanted a comfortable place to stay that was within walking distance. This place was perfect and the "garden view" is actually very tropical and beautiful. We were greeted in the open air front desk by 2 very friendly employees, Diana in particular was fabulous, who were able to check us into our room several hours early and bonus - we had been upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom suite! The suite was beautiful with a full kitchen, awesome living room area, awesome bathroom/shower and very comfortable bed. It appeared the place had recently been renovated/upgraded as all of the finishings were of great quality and the place was very clean! The grounds of the Aina Nalu are beautiful, and we loved spending our last night sitting in a cabana with our friends. Parking was an extra $15 but it was worth it to us for the convenience. It is only a short walk to the beach and an even shorter walk to Front St. I would highly recommend staying in this hotel and enjoying a couple of nights right in Lahaina town! I wouldn't recommend it for a long stay if you are looking for extensive beach time...but I'd highly recommend it for a weekend stay, or if you don't care about the beach (they have ample swimming pools/lounger chairs etc). If I could offer the smallest of complaint - the room was overall not that well lit...perhaps some brighter bulbs? Considering that's my only complaint - you can understand how great the place was...and really, I'd rather spend my time outside anyways! Oh, and it was nice to have the little balcony to enjoy morning coffee before we hit the streets!

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom on the 2nd floor in the coconut wing. No view, but great location nonetheless.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aina Nalu? Share your experiences!