Hotel is fine for a stopgap one or two nights but no more. The outside looks more like motel than a luxury resort - wooden frame buildings . Initial impressions are "what the hell?!"
Staff are friendly but somewhat slow in reacting.
Wifi is only available in lobby and pool. Modem is available in the rooms but no wifi - just buy some wifi routers, if u have an ipad iphone or any non Ethernet ready device you are done for if you are non US !
Hotel has a 70s feel to it.
The pool is a joke - don't even think about staying here if you just want to hangout at the pool - it's more like a small pond.
The sea water pool is a big square in a wide open green lawn
The rooms are big , a bit worn
Aircon sounds like a runway landing strip. The Ac unit was ancient also - It's like being in the engine room of a ship
Completely non smoking inside and out so if you fumeur you will be f$$ked off - heard that's the norm for the US however
It's not bad if you get a cheap rate, just to see lahaina but other than that nothing to draw you back.
If you are a surfer it'll be fine as you can hit the waves during the day and kick back in relatively ok surroundings at night
It's just all a bit worn though....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within a mile of the beach, this newly-renovated Maui resort is set in the heart of historic town of Laihana. Two-bedroom accommodations have 846 square feet of space that includes a full kitchen. Flat-screen TVs offer pay movies. Guests can take advantage of the outdoor swimming pool and barbecue grills on site. The front desk is open 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aina Nalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Resort
- Aina Nalu Resort
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Aina Nalu Maui/Lahaina