We have stayed here about 5 time though the years including its pre-renovation days.The 3 stars is not really right to describe this facility. It really is a 5 for the space and a 1 for the guest interface.
The room renovations, the salt water pool and the Lahaina location are all really great.
The lack of any level of front desk training has become part of the "ambiance" of this place. It's like going to a dive restaurant with really good food.
We got in at noon and were told that they wouldn't have anything ready until 3 - the posted time for check-in. When we have arrived early in other hotels they checked on the room, took our bags for us, let us use the pool, bought us a drink, or offered to call us on our cell when the room was ready. We were told not to come back until 3, because they were completely full and they didn't want us to be "PO'ed" if the room wasn't ready. (It's like Island-time - you just let it go.)
The script at the front desk lets you know that there is no maid or trash service like they were telling you that there was weather outside. (What??!! Again, we have stayed here a lot! A little explanation is appropriate.)
The management is clearly emphasizing the cleanliness and basic operation of the hotel. Things are pretty ship-shape and work the way they are designed to. The pool is clean, the grounds manicured, the gills are clean. On the flip side - there is no maid service, the WIFI is anemic and the staff could easily be extras for a bad zombie island movie.
As an adult couple on vacation - this is a little too rudimentary. I think we could stay here when we bring the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within a mile of the beach, this newly-renovated Maui resort is set in the heart of historic town of Laihana. Two-bedroom accommodations have 846 square feet of space that includes a full kitchen. Flat-screen TVs offer pay movies. Guests can take advantage of the outdoor swimming pool and barbecue grills on site. The front desk is open 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Outrigger Aina Nalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Resort
- Aina Nalu Resort
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Maui/Lahaina