We went on a girls trip and stayed in unit 510 in March 2012. It was a corner unit with a wrap-around lanai. It was a clean and spacious 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom (an on-suite bathroom in each room) with very comfy beds. The building was quiet and well-appointed, across from a small store, and in walking to a few restaurants. The beach was also right there. The unit itself had everything you'd need for comfort and utility in terms of a stocked kitchen (minus food but plus spices), washer-dryer, plenty of towels, including beach towels, etc...There is no view from the second bedroom and the bathroom there could use a definite upgrade in terms of shower head and toilet seat, etc...
The kicker for this spot was definitely the view...it was perfect. We watched gorgeous sunsets right from the lanai, no obstruction to the view at all. We were able to see whales in the distance, turtles right below and two other islands not far off on each side. The condo was always bright and sunny...quiet evenings with the waves crashing below.
The on-site restaurant was just...well i don't know. It closed early the first time we tried to go in because business was slow ("sorry, we're not serving food anymore today" at 2pm). The second time, in spite of a sign displaying credit cards logos, we were told it was cash only and were sent away. Luckily, as mentioned, there are other places nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home in Kahana. This beachfront community is the calm cousin to West Maui’s high-profile destinations of Lahaina, Kaanapali and Kapalua Resort. You won’t find the typical string of Maui hotels, dazzling storefronts, and streams of shoppers and diners – although that’s only a few minutes away if the mood strikes. Welcome the sun on a morning stroll chasing waves along the sand. Breathe in the breeze that sweeps across the ocean view from your high-rise lanai. Marvel at humpback whales slapping and rolling so close to shore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Kahana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Royal Kahana
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Resort
- Royal Kahana Maui/Lahaina