We just got back from 3 weeks in Maui where we stayed at the Royal Kahana for the second year. We had a one bedroom oceanview condo on the 11th floor with a great view of Molokai. The condo was more than adequate and very roomy, the carpet could have been cleaned before we got there but apart from this we have no complaints. We couldn't use our stove the first day due to wrong burner saucers but this was fixed as soon as we mentioned to the front desk. All staff members were very friendly and always ready to help with a smile. A special thank you to Vandetta (administration) who helped us with the Wi-Fi as the signal was very poor. The pool area can get crowded but there is always room on the lawn. This year was a little (well maybe a lot) more windy than last year but the whales and turtles that we could see from our lanai were everyday a bonus and made up for the breeze...
We do agree with other "tenants" that, yes, the building is getting old and that some updates should be considered. Having said that we are looking forward to our next stay next February for 4 weeks
We would also mention Chip and Rebeca, the concierges. We met Rebeca last year and were glad to see that she was there this year also. Chip and Rebeca arranged some great days of discovery on Maui and also in Pearl Harbor. They are a source of information and good ideas, we are already planning our adventures for next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home in Kahana. This beachfront community is the calm cousin to West Maui’s high-profile destinations of Lahaina, Kaanapali and Kapalua Resort. You won’t find the typical string of Maui hotels, dazzling storefronts, and streams of shoppers and diners – although that’s only a few minutes away if the mood strikes. Welcome the sun on a morning stroll chasing waves along the sand. Breathe in the breeze that sweeps across the ocean view from your high-rise lanai. Marvel at humpback whales slapping and rolling so close to shore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Kahana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Royal Kahana
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Resort
- Royal Kahana Maui/Lahaina