My fiance and I stayed at the Royal Kahana from Dec. 13th-Dec. 26th, our experience was fantastic. We booked through Costco and got a combo package with a car, which is definitely a good idea. Upon checking in, we were upgraded to a room on the 12th floor (top) that was ocean view. This upgrade was provided to us free of charge. I was a little nervous about how our room would be, based on some mixed reviews I'd seen on here, but we were pleasantly surprised. We weren't interested in a 5-star resort experience, but we also wanted a place that was comfortable where we could relax. The room was perfect, much more room than I had expected. We booked a studio: there was a king sized bed, dresser, small couch, coffee table, small dining table, and a condensed kitchen. There isn't much space in the kitchen, but it was equipped with cookware and everything we needed--plus there was a full sized refrigerator, perfect to keep cold drinks and fresh fruit! The TV was new and nice, plus there was a DVD player. The convenience store across the street has a Redbox, very nice since it got dark around 6PM (we're from Alaska and used to much more sunlight with warmer temperatures). The maid service only comes about once a week, they tell you which days are scheduled when you check-in. Some people don't like this, we had no issues--we made the bed when we got up and washed dishes after use. Our maid even washed the couple dishes we'd left in the sink on the days she did come. I loved having the washer and dryer right in the room--so convenient! Our room didn't have a tub, but the shower looked new and we had no issues with hot water. It was very windy while we were there, so there wasn't even much of a need for air conditioning. We kept the balcony door open and the bathroom windows open to create a wonderful breeze through the room. The only thing that I could even remotely critique is that the ceiling fan was located in an awkward spot and is very low. If you were standing in front of the dresser and put your hands up they hit the fan--my fiance and I both were subjected to it before we learned a lesson. It became a laughing point for us more than anything.
We loved the convenience of the Royal Kahana's location, it's about 2 miles to several places to eat and a full grocery store--nice walking distance. Compared to some of the other areas, our location seemed a bit more low-key something that we really enjoyed.
My fiance and I have been to Oahu, The Big Island, and Maui, this trip was certainly our most enjoyable. This was partially due to weather and beaches, but also because of the Royal Kahana. We are already planning to come back and stay next year!
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Hotel
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Royal Kahana
- Outrigger Royal Kahana
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Resort
- Outrigger Royal
- Royal Kahana Maui/Lahaina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home in Kahana. This beachfront community is the calm cousin to West Maui’s high-profile destinations of Lahaina, Kaanapali and Kapalua Resort. You won’t find the typical string of Maui hotels, dazzling storefronts, and streams of shoppers and diners – although that’s only a few minutes away if the mood strikes. Instead, step into casual comfort at Outrigger Royal Kahana, a pleasant Maui condo that takes full advantage of its discreet Kahana setting. Welcome the sun on a morning stroll chasing waves along the sand. Breathe in the breeze that sweeps across the ocean view from your high-rise lanai. Marvel at humpback whales slapping and rolling so close to shore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Royal Kahana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.