Recently stayed at the Royal Kahana for 9 nights in their studio room with a partial ocean view. Incredible vista of the sea and Molokai'i combined with the constant sound of the tide was nothing short of bliss. Room was well equipped with a kitchen with all basic supplies, comfortable king sized bed, and a true necessity when beach going--a washer and dryer.It is important to note that each room is individually decorated so style will vary but the ammenities will be the same.
Location was excellent, nearby Lahaina with all its good restaurants, but just far enough away to feel calm and peaceful. Temperature seemed always to be a few degrees cooler in this area of Maui which kept it wonderfully comfortable day and night and never a need to turn on the A/C. Other benefits to the property include a bathwater warm swimming pool that was the highlight of coming home every day.
The atmosphere of the complex was relaxed and comfortable with gracious and accomodating staff. There were no hidden fees or nonsensical charges--parking was free and no additional resorts fees. However, one did have to pay for internet at $9 per day but this cost could be discounted if purchased for the week at a rate of $28. Overall, I felt this hotel/condo was an amazing deal with a moderate price, fabulous location, great staff, and very comfortable rooms. When I return to Maui, I won't be staying in any other hotel other than the Royal Kahana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home in Kahana. This beachfront community is the calm cousin to West Maui’s high-profile destinations of Lahaina, Kaanapali and Kapalua Resort. You won’t find the typical string of Maui hotels, dazzling storefronts, and streams of shoppers and diners – although that’s only a few minutes away if the mood strikes. Welcome the sun on a morning stroll chasing waves along the sand. Breathe in the breeze that sweeps across the ocean view from your high-rise lanai. Marvel at humpback whales slapping and rolling so close to shore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Kahana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Royal Kahana
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Resort
- Royal Kahana Maui/Lahaina