we stayed there for 15 days (from July 18th to Aug. 02nd 2012). When we arrived at 11pm, we were greeted by Tim who was amazingly nice to us. He upgraded us from "garden view" to "ocean view". We loved it! Our room was clean and enjoyable to stay in. The staff was very nice. We used the pool often as our 7year-old was constantly requesting to go. The concierge gave us lots of useful information to tour the island. In all, it is a good choice for those of you who are on a budget but still looking for a clean and good hotel.
PS: I have OCD and I did not have any anxiety regarding cleanliness. I should however point out that the rooms are not "modern" type rooms. It is very retro so do not expect modern furnitures...but the location is awesome!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home in Kahana. This beachfront community is the calm cousin to West Maui’s high-profile destinations of Lahaina, Kaanapali and Kapalua Resort. You won’t find the typical string of Maui hotels, dazzling storefronts, and streams of shoppers and diners – although that’s only a few minutes away if the mood strikes. Welcome the sun on a morning stroll chasing waves along the sand. Breathe in the breeze that sweeps across the ocean view from your high-rise lanai. Marvel at humpback whales slapping and rolling so close to shore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Royal Kahana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Royal Kahana
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Resort
- Royal Kahana Maui/Lahaina