“Ricardo is the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Spokane
“Ricardo is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

We didn't really know what to expect, and neither I (age 53) nor my son (age 17) had any surfing experience at all. Ricardo got us up on our boards ON OUR FIRST ATTEMPTS! After that, it was 90 minutes of fun, stories, more fun, and a workout I'll remember for ages. Will I surf again? You bet! So will my son. It was a great experience, one we were a little apprehensive about at first. But Ricardo - a former member of the Peruvian national surfing team - gave us the confidence to rock it.

Visited April 2015

Littleton
7 attraction reviews
“Good lesson & got up, but left disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

Family of 4 with 2 teenagers and all of us got up with great direction & help from Jesse but was scolded & cut short by Ricardo who said he had the next class to start (prior to our 2-hour timeframe being done). It was kinda weird. Admittedly, we were beginners, but I expected more patience & direction if we were doing it wrong.

Fort Polk, Louisiana
“Great Service & Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014

I went to Island Scuba & Surf School for a private bachelorette party of 12 girls for paddle boarding lessons. They did a fantastic job. From the customer service provided by Tom when I called from the mainland to book the lessons, to all the instructors that came out to help us. They really cared about us having a great time. What was even better was that the event coordinator originally explained that we would be getting 3 instructors for all 12 girls and he showed up with 5 the day of the excursion. It was so nice to get the extra attention. Everyone had a great time and we were all able to get up on our boards!

In addition, I had such a great time and was so impressed with the instructors, that were pro-surfers themselves, I booked surfing lessons later on in the trip and I was not disappointed. Thanks for the awesome time and great memories! Keep up the great work.

Visited December 2014
“Amazing instructor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

Ricardo was fantastic with my kids, ages 14, 9, and 6. Got all of them up, none of them have ever tried surfing before. It was amazing to watch. We will definitely be scheduling anther lesson before we leave Maui!

Lahaina, Hawaii
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

If you want to learn to ride a surf board in Maui, your options are unlimited. If you want to learn to surf, your only real option is BOSS.

Visited June 2014