“Hard core sportfishing at its best” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 165 Activities in Lahaina
Type: Water sports, Adventure
La Verne, California
“Hard core sportfishing at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I booked an 8 hour share sportfishing trip on the No Problem before departing on our 15 day vacation. Pamela, at Extreme Sportfishing, was very helpful in getting me on a trip with a sufficient number of passengers for it to go. As a seasoned sportfisherman with gobs of experience doing multi-day and long range trips out of Southern California, as well as extensive fishing adventures in New Zealand, Baja California and Florida, I was looking for a "hard core" fishing experience in Maui. After scanning the internet for reviews, I decided on No Problem and was certainly not disappointed. Skipper, Mason, and deckhand, Jimmie, worked tirelessly from beginning to end to put us on fish and help the less experienced do well. One "rookie" managed to land his fish of a lifetime, a 171 pound Blue Marlin caught on a live Skipjack Tuna being slow trolled. These guys do much more than just dragging lures around the ocean all day hoping for a blind strike. The catch live bait before departing early, around 2:00 AM, to get on the fishing grounds before grey light. No Problem certainly isn't the fanciest boat in the fleet, but the next time I return to Maui on vacation you can bet it will be the boat I fish on. This trip was definitely time and money very well spent.

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Highland Beach, Florida
“Top Gun Sportfishing - Maalea Harbor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife & I chartered Top Gun for a full day (extended) on July 6, 2013. Captain Don was knowledgeable and friendly. Both the Capt and Zack went the extra yard to insure our trip was enjoyable and successful. I do a lot of fishing in South Florida and these guys know their stuff. The Bertram was in impeccable condition as was the equipment. To top off great day, we landed a Shortbill Spearfish just before returning to port. If you know how to saltwater fish, you will really enjoy this boat & crew.

Steve & Tammy

Visited July 2013
Kenmore, Washington
14 attraction reviews
“Maui wowee mahimahi !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We booked a shared boat on the Kai Akua on June 25th, and we had Capt. Chad and Ryan as our lucky guys. But I think we had the beginners luck from the family from Colorado, cause their 15 yr.old son caught a 45lb mahimahi. Like the other reviews, we left dock at 2am and by sunrise we were pulling in mahimahi left and right. We were doing doubles, and Ryan was so fantastic in making sure our lines didn't cross paths. At one point, there were 3 lines in the water each with a mahimahi running wild. My husband Andy ( aka Allen ) and I fish for salmon in Washington rivers, but this mahimahi haul was outstanding. We all brought in about 5 - 6 fish, total count 25, should have been 30 if hadn't lost 5. Our arms were sore the next day but it was well worth it. Chad sent us off with some fillet for the grill, awesumely sweet and enough for us a whole week. Definitly yes for another trip !!!
Rowena and Andy

Placerville, California
“high point of my vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Gene Perkins and Ryan Thomas took me (and four others) on the best ocean fishing trip I've ever had. Gene has fished Hawaiian waters since 1988; Ryan has been with him four years and adds long and varied experience, including Florida ocean sportfishing. Friendly, professional, thorough (they are one of the few boats out of Lahaina that uses live bait), they created a fun and motivated atmosphere for the trip. It paid off big time. We hit a school of mahi mahi at the second buoy we fished and it was ON. Everyone in the party caught at least two fish, ranging 12 to 20 lbs, or so. Gene and Ryan took care of the nuts and bolts expertly and coached this group of not-very-experienced fishermen (and one woman, who loved it) right through a peak experience. Heck of a good time.

Everett, Washington
“No Problem on the Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

If your looking to catch fish while on Maui, NO PROBLEM! I went out with Capt Mason, and deckhand Jimmy, and boy what a great experience! Im was a charter fishing Captain in Alaska, and all I gotta say is the guys can fish! From the time you get on the boat, until the last minute of fishing for the day... These guys will work their tails off for you and does it ever pay off! Get ready for an early morning, but now worries. Wasn't long after we got started and the games began! Great bite on live bait for the first light of the day! Started off the day with 3 or 4 Ahi around 20-25lbs. When the bite slowed Capt Mason and Jimmy were all over it, switching out to trolling gear in a matter of seconds, and we were back on the bite! More ahi, and a few skip jack came to the calling of our lures being ripped across the top of the tropical blue water. In the next hour we would put atleast another 10 fish in the boat. In between fish Capt Mason and Jimmy switched it up to live bait again. Shortly after the switch we had two rods hooked up again with two more very nice sized Ahi! (one of which was grabbed by a Oceanic White Tipped Shark! Not good for fish tally at the end of the day but a great story none the less. We still got 2/3 of that fish back from the shark) After loading up on Tuna, the Capt took us closer to shore to fish for blue/green snapper. Within an hour the boat had 5 15+ pound snapper on board. (Which the Captain and deckhand told us there was a specific poison inside of these fish and they weren't that great to eat.) Bummer bc I have always wanted to try snapper! When we got back to the dock, your arms are sore and spirits high! We pulled into port with over 30 fish total for the day! No other fishing charter came close to our success that day. This is a tribute to the hard-working crew and pure dedication to fishing. This trip is for all you serious fisherman looking to go on a no bs hardcore fishing charter. When booking future charters in Maui, I will only fish with these guys going into the future. These guys put you on the fish! NO PROBLEM A+++++++ Well done!