“Epic fun for everyone!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maui Paddle Sports

Maui Paddle Sports
200 Nohea Kai Dr, Westin Villas, Ka'anapali North Beach and Sheraton, Ka'anapali Beach, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761
808-283-9344
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Maui from the local perspective. Take part in a unique Hawaiian tradition and feel the thrill of paddling an outrigger canoe. Enjoy a leisurely pace as you view Maui’s incredible coastline from the water. Your guides will tell the story of Polynesian navigation while searching for the ‘honu’ or Hawaiian green sea turtle and in the right season humpback whales! Take a ride in a traditional Hawaiian outrigger canoe- enjoy fresh cut pineapple and breathtaking views of Maui, Molokai & Lanai. Families as well as individuals and couples can all participate for unforgettable memories & incredible photo opportunities.
Montville, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Epic fun for everyone!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The best way to get up close to whales and turtles. This was our second trip and it did not disappoint. In fact it was better than the first time out which was hard to beat. Great guides, sights and memories. Mahalo!!

Kansas City
“Addictive adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went on an outrigger canoe trip, and now can't wait for my next adventure with them.
First, what great people to learn from. Both of the guides had incredible passion for the sport.
One is president of a paddling club, and the other an active member of another.
I have enjoyed ocean kayaking and wanted to try outrigger canoeing.
The knowledge and tradition they provided was excellant.
There passion for paddling is incredible; they want to promote the sport and make it a great experience not just take the cost of the trip. They brought snacks and water for a mid-trip break.
I felt their concern for making the trip a safe and fun adventure that will draw you back for more.

San Diego, California
“Surfer Boys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I found Maui Paddle Sports on line when my 5 year old son asked if I could teach him how to surf when we went to Maui over the holidays. I would have both my children with me ( aged 3 and 5) so was a little nervous about the younger one trying to surf. But from the initial phone call, I felt really comfortable. They really took the time to talk to me about my children (Asking if they could swim, how well, had they been in the ocean before, etc..) and recommended the instructor, time of day and type of lesson based on that information.
My boys had an absolute blast!!!! The instructor was very careful with them as the surfing lesson is a little bit off shore (but in fairly shallow water) and made sure that they were having fun and being safe! And they even were able to surf with Irene, the surf dog!
And both boys were able to stand on the board (even if it was with a little help from the instructor).

I highly recommend them for families with young children (that do know how to swim already) that would like to learn how to surf. We will definitely be returning next time we are in Maui.

Aloha and Mahalo.

Napa, California
“Great, Fun and a must do!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Absolutely the best part of our trip to Maui. Being on the water with the Maui paddle crew really connects you to the Hawaiian culture and the Aloha spirit. Paddling on an outrigger just like the polynesians was really exciting and the views breathtaking. Maui paddle crew know how to treat you right and have such knowledge of the Islands, water, sea life and culture. Seeing a rare sight on our trip, The Hawaiian Monk seal was rare and made it that much more special. I wouldn't paddle with anyone else. Mahalo nui loa..

Sanford, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“This is a must do in Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Had an amazing experience! Crew was awesome. Best outrigger canoe trip I've ever taken. Be sure to jump off Black Rock!