“FANTASTIC food & large portions” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 238 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: This new restaurant doesn't have its website developed. But there Facebook listing has over 600 FB fans.
Cleveland, Ohio
“FANTASTIC food & large portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I dined twice at Star Noodle - we loved it that much. The plates are large enough to split between two people, so it can be a great cost-effective meal without having to sacrifice quality or flavor. We split the Vietnamese Crepe the first night and were overwhelmed by the portion size, originality, and incredible flavor! We've never seen anything like this crepe on other menus. It's pretty popular - I saw several other diners splitting this dish both times we visited. Highly, highly recommended. The second visit we split the Pad Thai - a classic. Their version has everything you crave in a good Pad Thai: lots of yummy flavor, hearty amounts of chicken, succulent shrimp. I only wish we'd returned to try some of the other dishes. Although I didn't order it, the Singapore Street Noodles looked pretty amazing.

Casual restaurant - be prepared to sit in close proximity to other diners. Tasty drinks, though no happy hour or specials.

All in all, I strongly recommend dining here and will definitely come back when I'm in West Maui next.

Corvallis
“Don't overlook this restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Star Noodle is easy to miss unless you're making a special effort to find it. Located a bit off the "main drag," this restaurant is situated in something of an industrial area in an unassuming building. However, the industrial patina is only on the outside, and the inside decor is pleasant, modern, light and clean. Not fancy, but not funky, either. But the purpose of your visit is the food, and if you like Pacific/Asian fusion fare, you're in the right place. Great variety of wonderful dishes, specializing - surprise, surprise - in noodles, but with a lot of other interesting, well-prepared dishes. I only knew about this place because it's a favorite of Maui friends with whom I stayed, and they insisted we eat there. I wasn't sorry.
One tip: try avoid peak hours. We were there for a late lunch and were seated pretty quickly, but despite the restaurant not being full of customers, preparation time was slower than I expected it to be - by about double the time. I've heard that peak times are just crazy, with really long waits - so, unless you like crowds and long sits, do yourself a favor and miss all that.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Amazing food!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The food and the service was good. The place is very small and we were seated at a community table which was a little congested. For starters, the pork buns were very good especially with the additional sauces they give. The yakutori was ok. We had the hot and sour soup which was pretty good. I wanted to try the pad thai since all the reviews mentioned how amazing it was. To begin with, I was never a big fan of pad thai and this dish here did not convert me yet. It is good pad thai but nothing I would crave for.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Star Noodle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a sort of Asian food fusion. The restaurant is small, and there may be a wait, but the food is worth it. We had an assortment of dishes which we shared.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“great food in hidden location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Found this doing some research before coming to Maui. We ended up getting takeout which was ready about 20 min after I called! Great noodles, seemed like a great atmosphere even though we didnt stay. Easily a high value for your money, as the serving sizes are healthy. I would definitely recommend Star Noodle to others. Only reason it wasnt a 5 is that we are particular about our thai/viatnamese/asian and it wasnt the best we've had -- but still good!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere