“Nothing special.........” 3 of 5 stars

1312 Front St, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761-1726
808-661-7071
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fu Lin Chinese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 238 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Seattle, Washington
“Nothing special.........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We thought this might be a great choice after looking at the reviews from Maui happenings magazines, but found on our visit it was just average. Although some of the restaurant was open air we sat towards back and it was quite warm and stuffy. We were a party of 6 and everyone ordered individual meals. Although nothing was inedible it was just average and not as special as the ads were touting, if you are looking for ambiance there is probably better places to choose, I probably would not go back, prices were high but then almost all our meals we ate out other then Maui tacos were high...even so......I was un- impressed.....,

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lahaina, HI
“Who you Fu Lin with your bad reviews? This is NOT Panda Express, ORDER SOMETHING AUTHENTIC!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Orange Chicken and Won Tons should never be your "GO TO" items when entering a restaurant like Fu Lin. If ever you get to meet the owner, she is amazing. Let her decide what to order for you. She knows her product and will bring out her favorites. It is amazing how many people think Chinese food should be cheap. Rice holds high value in their culture and so should its price be on the menu. This isn't Panda Express! So if you're expecting your experience to be gourmet sit down version of Panda Express DON'T BOTHER GOING!

Back to the food - My personal favorites would have to be their version of the Honey Walnut Shrimp. Their Chow Fun is great! Everything else I've had their was suggested and selected by the staff. I'll be going back sooner than later!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lahaina
“Authentic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Loved this place. The food was excellent. Their Chinese tea was delicious! Very friendly service!

Visited January 2012
Denver
“Terrible service with bad food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We were looking for a Chinese place in West Maui and came cross this one on the Front Street (a nice location). First, I asked for some "hot" tea. However, the waiter gave us a pot of "leuk warm" tea, which I suspect it was some leftover tea from somebody else because it even not tasted fresh. Just being nice, I did not say anything about the tea. Then it is ordering time. The waiter kept pushing me to order their "fresh" fish dish. I asked him how large the fish would be, he said about 2.5 to 3 lbs, which would cost me about $60 just for this one dish. The way he was pushing and how he was talking about the weight of the fish made me realize he was trying to do the same trick to rip customers off like many tourist place by offering customers fresh fish with market price. I did not order the fish but instead ordered a dish (fried noodle) as he recommended. The fried noodle was totally flavor less. The other dishes including mo shu pork with tortilla, gong po chicken, and fried veggies. I also asked the waiter to give me one (1) bowl of rice for one person. The dishes were very small and not much flavor. Bad cooking. The worst thing was when he gave the bill, he charged the rice by the number of people on the table. The same goes with the tea pot, charge times N (number of people on the table). What a terrible practice! When I questioned the waiter about this, he started arguing with me! Terrible, terrible, terrible! This is America, not China. Come on!

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Santa Cruz, California
“Average food, good view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We had dinner at Fu Lin because there was a 2 hr wait for Mala Grill across the street, and because we found a spot in the parking lot. We were seated promptly on the outdoor porch, which afforded good people-watching, plus a view of the sunset across the street. The pot sticker appetizer was good, as was my wife's fried noodles. My saimin was so-so (I think their beef noodle soup may have been a better choice). Fu Lin was less pricey than other paces in Lahaina, and we noticed the locals ate there, but there are better places to eat.

• Visited June 2011