“Lobster @ Sunset” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Lobster @ Sunset”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Betty'Cafe is a great little secret! I recommend going for your meal about 4:30pm so that you can pick a table with a wonderful view of the sunset over the ocean. On Wednesday's they feature lobster $16.95. the meal includes rice and a salad. The lobster was fantastic and served hot. A special treat is in store for those who arrive early enough to get a good seat as the Feast of le le Luau takes place just below Betty's and you can see the dancers perform while you have your desert. I had the bread pudding and it was very tasty.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Frederick, Maryland
“Great views and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Went to Betty's (on the recommendation of a server at another restaurant) for lobster night. Food was good. Happy hour was fabulous; the added benefit of the view and neighboring luau was a great benefit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa, Canada
“Great value, food and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I went tonight with my family; we ordered 3 soft drinks, 2 beers, an appetizer, 4 lobster dinners (each with a side salad), 2 desserts and 3 coffees and our bill was only $135.00. We paid the same at other restaurants in Lahaina for 4 dinners and no drinks and the food wasn't even half as good and was much smaller. Not to mention, we were able to view the luau on the other side of the patio for free (kind of obstructed view, but nothing to complain about considering we didn't pay).

My family frequents Maine for vacations and are huge lobster fans... So for the 4 of us to say we had awesome lobsters is a huge compliment to the restaurant! Not to mention, we pay $25 for a 1-1.25 lb. lobster in Maine (where they are local!).... So the value was great at 16.95!

We had ceviche as an appetizer, and the fish was very fresh! Our salads were also a good size portion and the Thousand Islands dressing was great! To top it off we had a Hot Apple Betty and the famous Mango/Vanilla ice cream mudpie........ WHICH WAS TO DIE FOR. It was only $8.95 for a slice that the 4 of us together didn't even touch.... Which is a lot to say for a family who's smallest member is 5'10" and 155 lbs.... The coffee they were brewing was also 100% hawaiian and packed a serious punch.

I would definitely suggest it to anyone visiting Maui and would return in a heart beat!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Brunswick
“Terrible service and food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed next door at lahaina shores, the first time I went to Betty's I sat at the bar and waited for 7-8 mins and was not acknowledged, I left and went to bamboo fresh next door and had excellent food and service. I tried Betty's again a few days later on dec 24. I was the only customer and the waitress did not seem like she wanted to talk to the bartender more than do her job. I was clearly done my food, I stood up and walked towards her and she seemed like I was intruding on their conversation when I asked for my bill. I had the ceviche and it tasted like it was several days old.

Visited December 2012
Calgary
“Great Happy Hour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Loved the views, the friendly staff and excellent happy hour at Betty's Beach Cafe.. Overlooking the ocean you can watch the set up for the neighbourly luau as well!

Laurie