“Great whale watching adventure!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 165 Activities in Lahaina
Type: Water sports, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Climb aboard our HI Tech Ocean Rafts and spend the day snorkeling the crystal clear waters surrounding the island of Lana’i. We encounter the Spinner Dolphins quite often on our excursions. We’ll spend time interacting with them as they frolic in the water. Continental breakfast, snack and cold drinks will be served throughout the day. Snorkel gear provided. This trip will be the highlight of your vacation. Departs daily from slip 8 Lahaina Harbor.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cathay
“Great whale watching adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had a great time on the Hawaii Ocean Raft we saw many whales breach and one young whale that put on a great show for us breaching several times. One whale even went under our raft, and right at the end of the trip 5 male whales came in right beside the raft for a little show. Our Captain Tom got us to the whales and Povi, she did a wonderful job of telling us about the whales and pointing out what was happening. The raft is a great way to get up and personal with the whales. We had a great time. Thanks!

Northern California
“See the Whales up close”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I always go whale watching and these people are the bestest in their field. You go on a smaller raft that is very comfortable and fast. It gets you to the whales in a hurry. The best part this time was our luck. Hundreds of whales some very friendly. We had one rub the raft then while go to dive had her put her tail into the raft gently touching the man closest to me then she pushed the raft as she went down. It was truly a moment to remember our entire lives.

Visited February 2013
Palm Springs, California
“"Best Of Everything Trip"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

With Justine and Leanna as our Captain and Naturalist, this has to be the most wonderful Trip EVER! There were six of us on this excursion and every single one of us were very pleased with it! We were on a snorkel trip. We swam with Turtles, had the most amazing Dolphin Show and as an extra bonus... saw tons of Whales! These two Ladies took us to best areas to view all the Beauty of the Ocean and were very helpful and kind to everyone on the boat. They never made us feel rushed or like we were putting them out! Thank you Leanna and Justine....... We WILL be booking this trip again and requesting the two of you! But on the full day next time! Thank you!!

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“HOLY WHALES BATMAN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I went on a 2 hour whale tour this march and we were both astounded at how many whales we saw. Right near the end of the tour we even saw a whale breach.

The boat is small and we were happy there were only 8 or 9 of us. They provided water at no additional charge and there is shaded areas on the boat (which unfortunately for me I need to have).

I would highly recommend this tour :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 attraction reviews
“Little bit of an oversell”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We did the whale watching tour with these guys who advertise “up close and personal” experience with the whales. Well, it wasn’t up close and wasn’t personal. I know that when you are dealing with wild life it can be unpredictable. But other than one whale 30 yards off the back of the boat where everyone else was crowding to see which means I couldn’t, the rest of the whales were more than 100 yards away. I saw better whale watching from our balcony of the condo. The staff was friendly and fairly informative, some whale information not exactly correct. I’m sure it’s the standard whale watching tour, but in my opinion, just a little of an over sell with the “up close and personal” sales job.