“Not your average snow cone” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 203 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Pizza, Dessert, Ice Cream, Family Fare, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Coffee & Tea, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Takeout
Florida
“Not your average snow cone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2015 NEW

First off, I don't even like snow cones so I was not pleased when my travel companion decided to wait 45 minutes to order a shave ice at this place. However, after a few minutes of standing in line on Front St and hearing people RAVE about how fantastic it was, I was curious to try it. So I got one with coconut pudding on the bottom, flavored with coconut and pineapple with a snowcap (condensed milk topping) and fresh coconut on top. It is not ice cream, it is not a snow cone...it's an amazing treat. So amazing that I went 4 times in the 7 days I visited Maui. Yes, it is that good and yes, the wait is worth it! I've been home over a month now and I still crave it.

Visited April 2015

• Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best shave ice in Hawaii!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2015 NEW

This chain did it the best. We stayed on Maui and Kauai, and no place in Kauai ever got it right like in Maui, but this chain, particularly the 2 in Lahaina (about a block from each other) were the best hands down! I think the trick is that teenagers are better at making these than grown ups, because they don't care, they'll drown your ice in the syrups. Wish they had these on the mainland!

Visited May 2015
Seattle, Washington
“Don't over-think this one... Stop here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2015 NEW

If you want the best, go to the best. Don't dink around with other "closer" or "more convenient" locations. You came to Maui for the best shave ice in town and Ululani's has it! Get the snow cap - its weird, but worth it. Hands down the best shave ice on the island or for that matter, the world. This is an easy decision but don't out think yourself!

• Visited March 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kannapolis, North Carolina
“Best shave ice ever ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2015 NEW

This is an absolute must do while in Maui. The shave ice is awesome. Make sure to get the snow cap. Also the employees were super friendly.

“BEST SHAVED ICE EVEERRR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2015 NEW

We didn't discover this hidden treasure until 3 days before we left but we end up going every day after that. I thought the snowballs at home were the best ever... I was soo wrong... this treat is AMAZING. I wish they could come here but they said the ice is especially made in Hawaii. I can tell.. Hawaii is AMAZING. Definately a MUST go too spot! I think they have several.

Visited July 2014