“Amazing Experience - Must do in Maui!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy

Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy
113 Prison Street, Right Next to the Big Parking Lot on the Corner of Front St. And Prison St, Lahaina, Maui, HI 967671
+1 808-276-7873
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Expert instructors and professional surfers teach you to ride a wave on your first lesson, then help you improve, fast! First time surfers and athletes looking to improve performance are welcome.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing Experience - Must do in Maui!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our surf instructor, Drey, was awesome! We did a 3 person semi-private lesson and he was able to get all of us up and surfing within just a few tries. Not only that, but he was patient, knowledgeable and fun. Even with 3 different personalities, athletic abilities, and age groups Drey customized the lesson for each of us to ensure we all had an amazing time. We would highly recommend Royal Hawaiian for anyone wanting to try surfing!

Visited September 2013

Los Gatos, California
4 attraction reviews
“Josh and Kea were outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were recommended to Royal by another surfer who used to work there. My two kids along with my wife and I all took a private lesson from Josh and Kea. My kids working with Kea were up and surfing in no time. My daughter ended up the lesson with 28 runs and only fell once. Josh took my wife and I and ensured we had a clear lane for each run. In short, this was the best family activity we did during our 2 week stay in Maui. Would not hesitate to come back.

Half Moon Bay, California
“Surfing lessons exceeded our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was not confident I could actually get on a surf board (mom of 2, late 40's) even with the guarantee on their website. Guess what? It happened! Our instructor, Kea, was knowledgeable about the water and surfing in general. Our family had a private lesson with him last week and it was the highlight of our vacation (well, at least for me).

What I liked about Kea was that he explained what was going to happen before it happened, he was always watching out for the kids (ours are 9 and 7) even while walking from the academy to the beach, he helped to ease my fears, and he was laid back and professional. Actually, all of the employees were as well.

We also bought the photos from the photographer (Ric Larsen) who did an outstanding job.

Lastly I had the pleasure of meeting the owner, Kimo, and he just radiated positivity and kindness (I don't know how to explain it; that's what I felt). I hope you will try it and that you have as much fun as we did!

Visited August 2013
“Kalani made our surf lesson an amazing experience! So fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I took a surf lesson through Royal Hawaiin and we were lucky enough to receive Kalani as our instructor. He was a great teacher. He was easy going and very patient. He kept it simple and got us standing and riding waves before our lesson was over. That is saying a lot because we are from Ohio and had zero surfing experience! I would recommend Kalani to anyone. It was an incredibly fun time. Mahalo Kalani!!!!

New York
5 attraction reviews
“Great time with Mike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We booked a 2 hour private lesson for my three kids (17, 14 and 12). They had a great time. Totally worth the money. Spent an extra $60 for the digital photos. Must do while in Lahaina.