This was really a nice condo, not luxurious but clean, updated and well equipped. We stayed in 203B and it had everything we needed. The kitchen was nicely equipped and even had lots of spices for cooking, which is something we don't always find in condos that cost twice as much. There is no ac but that wasn't a problem as the breeze is ALWAYS blowing in Honokawai and we stayed cool enough. The unit also had beach chairs, an umbrella, snorkel gear and a good sized ice chest to use for beach outings. We really enjoyed sitting out on the lanai and watching the whales breach and tail slap--you could see it right from the lanai, quite a show, it was mesmerizing. The condo was clean, although it is a bit dumpy looking from the outside, as are many of the condos built in this time period. Don't let the exterior dissuade you because inside is quite nice. We liked having an additional lanai off the master BR so we could have the sliding doors open at night and listen to the waves crashing and the palm trees blowing in the wind. The beach next door to Lokelani is ok, the waters are sometimes calm enough to swim and sometimes not so good, snorkelling isn't great here but there are some resident turtles that are fun to watch and swim with. The pool is small but adequate, if you really must have a pool. There are outdoor gas grills for guest use but they weren't always functioning properly, guess they needed the propane tanks filled or something. This is a great place to stay if you want the comforts of home, like to prepare some of your own meals and won't miss the amenities of the Ritz. For short stays they don't provide maid service so you'll need to wash your own towels and clean up after yourself. Again, if this is a big deal to you, this isn't your kind of place. But if you want value, great views, good location and comfortable condos, you should consider a stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Maui, The Valley Isle, Lokelani Condominiums hug the shoreline on Maui's famous West Side. Our low rise condominiums are situated on a picturesque, reef-protected sandy cove away from the main road and 30 feet from the ocean with a spectacular westerly view of fabulous sunsets, framed between the islands of Molokai and Lanai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Lokelani Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lokelani Condominiums Hotel Lahaina
- Lokelani Condominiums Maui/Lahaina