“Fabulous stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Lahaina
Everson, WA
“Fabulous stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

We are staying at the Hololani in A601 as we speak. Unfortunately this is our last day here! We have been here for 13 days & it was exactly what we were looking for. We found this through the VRBO website & rented directly through Donna the owner who has been fabulous to deal with! The condo itself was decorated a little bit more our style-modern/contemporary with touches of tropical throughout. Many other condos I looked at was the typical tropical with tons of wicker. The condo has a huge lanai with breathtaking views of the ocean. Everything was very clean & tidy when we came in. It has a washer & dryer which was a life saver with 2 kids! We were able to have most meals in which saved us a ton & much easier than dragging a tired 6 & 2 year old to places to eat everyday. The condo resort itself is smaller & very quiet which is what we were looking for-really wanted to get away from it all. There are only around 60 condos total. It is immaculate & very well kept up. The pool is on the small size, but there were never more than a couple kids in it at a time & we spend a lot of time there! Always space available to just lounge by the pool which overlooks the beach & ocean. The resort sits on Kahana Beach which was great for the kids-very gentle waves. There is a reef out further so the waves tend to break far from shore & stay gentle. I thought Kahana was in a great location as it was quiet, but close to places to eat & shopping if that's what you wanted. It was also within 5-10 minutes of some other great beaches if you wanted to try them out. Also only 10-15 minutes to Lahaina which we drove into a few times. I would highly recommend this place. Oh & did I mention the whales-amazing! They were out in front of this place all the time and I'm not exaggerating! We can't wait to come back again! We are in love with this place!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Puyallup, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

While we enjoyed this unit & the overall location of the property, there are a few things that I would like to mention for those who will stay here in the future. Do not expect someone to come in mid-week and clean or offer fresh linens. The road noise from 1 of the bedrooms is terrible as this property is located on a main road. We had to deal with the sounds of morning traffic, garbage trucks and the like beginning quite early in the AM. Don't come here looking for privacy as the doors to the rooms are not solid pocket doors. The screens into the 2nd bedroom are not kind of see through but not sound proof. The only thing I would change anything about the unit itself is to get rid of those screens. A wall would do nicely there! Otherwise the unit is very comfortable & has high quality appliances. The pool is very nicely located right next to the beach & was always clean. The beach is literally right in front of you. Just walk a few steps away from the building & there you are! That was great. If you're looking for the sounds of the ocean...this is the place to stay! Great views from the lanai...we got to whale watch! We would not stay in this unit again but would stay on the property.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was our first trip to Hawaii. We traveled with our three young children and my parents. We booked B404 and B504 for six nights and were very happy with both the units chosen and the resort.
The units were clean, comfortable and nicely furnished, but for me it was the oceanfront view that would bring me back.
The pool and grounds were in excellent condition and the outdoor BBQ's were well used by all.
We had the option at the time of booking of the A or B building, however I am happy we chose B as the afternoon sun did appear to impact the A building.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

I found this room listed on VRBO.com and had to rent it privately with Donna, the owner. You may not rent it directly with Hololani. Donna was awesome to work with. She always answered our questions. The 2 bedroom condo was probably the nicest units available in the two buildings. She has obviously done some major renovations. Its a corner unit and its quiet at night. However, you will need to close the Master Bedroom windows at night as the street can by noisy. The condo complex itself is also replacing the guard rails around the building and that can get loud as well. However, we were not at the unit much during the day. The pool is small but VERY warm and clean. Mike, the general manager takes EXCELLENT care of the pool and grounds. He's very professioinal and takes his job seriously. Do not shop anywhere except at Safeway in Lahaina. Make sure to sign up to become a club member. We cooked 7/9 nights in the condo. The complex itself is a basic but clean complex. They offer free wireless and parking. The beach was perfect and quiet. Sands of Kahana is a couple of hotels up and we walked to it a few times to enjoy their happy hour from 3-5 pm. This unit/complex is perfect for families. The elevators are fast and we felt very safe. There is a McDonalds and other shops and restaurants in walking distance. I do not recommend using Boss Frogs snorkle shop. They are not the cheapest. Rather, use Maui Dive Shop. They have no hidden marketing tricks and were very friendly and easy to use.
Location of this hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Lahaina. It did appear to rain and be more overcast than that area but that didn't bother us. We liked that we could get in the car and go snorkle or shop in 10 minutes. We went to Black Rock near the Sheraton. That was a busy beach with too many people. The snorkle there was awesome but I wouldn't have felt relaxed staying on that beach (Kaanapali Beach).

You will not go wrong with Hololani Resort and Donna's unit A-601. She offers beach towels, beach chairs, coolers, beach mats, beach toys, balls, fans, and a completely renovated and decorated two bedroom condo.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

We my husband and another couple stayed in A402 this past week. Let me just say it was an excellent stay. This is our third time staying in Maui, in prior years we've stayed at Papakea and Valley Isle - while the other locations are reasonable and have good views, they pale in comparison to the Hololani. The condo is a great size and is tastefully decorated. Just by checking out the other lanais we noticed that our furniture was by far the best. The kitchen has everything you need. Both bedrooms and bathrooms are a good size. The only -- small -- complaint is that the front room (with the amazing ocean view and sounds) doesn't have drawers so you'll have to put your clothes in the side end tables. (A few small price to pay.) I can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Alta Loma California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

We arrived this past Saturday, Memorial weekend and are still here as I write this review. If I were writing this review when we first arived I would give it 5 stars because it is beautifully furnished, granite countertops in kitchen and bathrooms. Bedrooms are spacious as are the dinning area and kitchen. The view is spectacular. Can't beat it! But after staying here for 4 days so far it has slipped to 3 stars. We are in unit 601. The negatives are the road noise, people noise and work crew noise. They are installing new railings in all the units and they are drilling and hammering all day long right next to us. Luckily our unit was done before we arrived or we wouldn't even be able to enjoy our view. As for the road noise, any unit ending with 01 (101, 201, 301, 401, etc) is farthest from the beach and closest to the road with cars passing by all day and night. We had a hard time getting to sleep the first night from all the cars passing by. We were lookiing forward to being lulled asleep by the ocean not passing cars. I don't think the units closer to the ocean heard the cars. So look for units ending in 03 or 04. As for the people noise, either the walls are thin or some people are noisy. I think the way the resort is situated people's voices echo and sound really loud at times. Also apparently some people were partying a little to much by the pool during the day (we were gone to Haleakala and missed the action) and for some reason the police were called in the evening to one of the units. 3 police cars arrived and after some loud conversation the people noise got pretty quiet. We're pretty easy going people so all in all we are having a great time. We have three more days at the Hololani so I will finish my review once I get home.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

Very beautifully decorated and has all you need except food and beverage. I prefer a quieter area with a great view and Hololani in Kahana fit the bill. This condo is an end unit with very little foot traffic for privacy. Even tho it is on the ground floor, it is raised up so that you do not miss a thing. The view is outstanding, one of the best on Maui I think. Professionally cleaned with lots of towels, hot water, beach towels, beach chairs, toys, hats and so much more. Love the washer and dryer. I travel alot to Maui, so will not mention all there is to do, see other reviews, so I go for tru R&R. No airconditioning, but you will not miss it. The sun shines into the condo in the late afternoons, however the sunshade on the patio, keeps it cool enough to stay on the patio. You can see thru it, so you do not miss a thing. On one really hot day, I took one of the portable fans with me out on the lanai and it was perfect. To save money, I prepared all my meals in the wonderful kitchen with a great view. I appreciate the assigned parking and containers for recyclables in the underground lot. Also free wifi. I like working directly with the property owner, Sherrie. I have stayed at several of her other condos and have always been pleasantly suprised at how much nicer they are than I expected. (and I expect alot!) Website for this condo is www.vrbo.com/29207. Check it out, the photos do not do it justice. Its a great value, especially compared to just a hotel room on the beach. You don't get much closer to the beach in this condo. Enjoy the whales (in season) turtles swimming by, snorkeling, exceptional view.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hololani Resort? Share your experiences!