“A real Maui experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 165 Activities in Lahaina
Type: Ranchs, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: We're the "Best Place to Find Yourself on Horseback" according to Hawaii Magazine's 2008 "Best of Hawaii" - and they should know! Ride our beautiful horses through lush, exotic valleys, ironwood forests, and pineapple fields, while enjoying spectacular panoramic views of the outer islands! Nestled in the midst of unspoiled mountains, rain forests and farmland, Ironwood Ranch sits on acres of private land inaccessible to most, but ready and waiting for you to explore!
Pine Valley, California
“A real Maui experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was our second ride with Ironwood Ranch. These folks are extremely professional and make sure your ride is safe and fun!
Gina is a total sweetheart. The week before our trip there was a problem with my internet reservation and I called that night from the mainland and she picked up the phone (while guiding a ride) and told me to send her an email. The next morning she emailed me back and confirmed the date we wanted. Great customer service!!
We did the early morning ride, excellent! From 180 degree panorama of the ocean to a jungle ride it was a highlight of our trip to Maui.
Don't be fooled by the rides they try to sell you at your resort, this is the real deal on West Maui. They were busy, I recommend you book a week in advance. While we were on the trail, Gina got like 5 phone calls wanting rides and she had to turn them down because of the booking they already had .
Thanks to Gina and the staff, we will take this ride every time we return to West Maui!!

Visited July 2014

san diego
“Lovely Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had a great ride on Lily and Waipuna with Kaitlin as our informative and knowledgeable horticultural guide through some of the deep green Ironwood forests of Napili, Maui. Great scenery, unbelievable views, and wonderful people.

Visited December 2013
San Francisco, California
“Highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Today my 2 daughters and I went horseback riding at this magical ranch. We were at three different levels of riding (one with no experience ) and they picked suitable horses for each of us. Gina was our guide and she was constantly checking in with us and giving us tips how to manage the horses through the beautiful trail on the ironwood ranch. Being in the west Maui mountains, you soon come to a 180 degree view of the islands of Maui, lanai, and Molokai. It is so wide that you can actually see what looks like the curving of the earth's surface, like you are in a giant fishbowl. Then you are taken into the rainforest so about 80% of the ride is in the shade and you pass by wild coffee trees, mango trees, guava, cinnamon, mulberry and even wild pineapple. It is so lush, like the setting for the Avatar movie! Also, old stone walls from Hawaiian ancestral tribes, at least 300 years old, can be viewed close to the trail. I have been to Hawaii several times but today I felt like I actually went back in time. NOT TO BE MISSED!

Visited June 2014
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
14 attraction reviews
“Great. Ride personal Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Our guide Rob was wonderful and knowledgeable about the plants and Hawaiian dwellings etc along the trail. The scenery was breathtaking. Highly recommend for all levels of riders and non riders alike. Mahalo to all the staff!7

Chico
9 attraction reviews
“Great view but let ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My daughter had never ridden horseback and what a wonderful experience for her. The staff is knowledgeable and extremely friendly, matching you to your mount. The trail is well maintained and he horses well cared for but I would have loved to have an open field to trot across to at least fell the horse beneath me. Go early in the morning of possible as it gets quite warm in the afternoon.

Visited June 2014