“Highlight of our trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 165 Activities in Lahaina
Type: Ranchs, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: We're the "Best Place to Find Yourself on Horseback" according to Hawaii Magazine's 2008 "Best of Hawaii" - and they should know! Ride our beautiful horses through lush, exotic valleys, ironwood forests, and pineapple fields, while enjoying spectacular panoramic views of the outer islands! Nestled in the midst of unspoiled mountains, rain forests and farmland, Ironwood Ranch sits on acres of private land inaccessible to most, but ready and waiting for you to explore!
San Francisco, California
“Highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Today my 2 daughters and I went horseback riding at this magical ranch. We were at three different levels of riding (one with no experience ) and they picked suitable horses for each of us. Gina was our guide and she was constantly checking in with us and giving us tips how to manage the horses through the beautiful trail on the ironwood ranch. Being in the west Maui mountains, you soon come to a 180 degree view of the islands of Maui, lanai, and Molokai. It is so wide that you can actually see what looks like the curving of the earth's surface, like you are in a giant fishbowl. Then you are taken into the rainforest so about 80% of the ride is in the shade and you pass by wild coffee trees, mango trees, guava, cinnamon, mulberry and even wild pineapple. It is so lush, like the setting for the Avatar movie! Also, old stone walls from Hawaiian ancestral tribes, at least 300 years old, can be viewed close to the trail. I have been to Hawaii several times but today I felt like I actually went back in time. NOT TO BE MISSED!

Visited June 2014

Toms River, New Jersey, United States
14 attraction reviews
“Great. Ride personal Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Our guide Rob was wonderful and knowledgeable about the plants and Hawaiian dwellings etc along the trail. The scenery was breathtaking. Highly recommend for all levels of riders and non riders alike. Mahalo to all the staff!7

Chico
9 attraction reviews
“Great view but let ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My daughter had never ridden horseback and what a wonderful experience for her. The staff is knowledgeable and extremely friendly, matching you to your mount. The trail is well maintained and he horses well cared for but I would have loved to have an open field to trot across to at least fell the horse beneath me. Go early in the morning of possible as it gets quite warm in the afternoon.

Visited June 2014
Lahaina
“Best place to ride in Maui!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Our family went on the 9am west maui trail ride and it was amazing. The scenery was beautiful and our tour guide was awesome. He was born and raised in Lahaina and was so knowledgeable about his culture, the different plants that we we saw through the ride and the ranch! Worth every penny!!

St. Helens, Oregon
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I went on the morning ride and I tell you it was great from start to finish. Our guide Angel, was great. My horse, "Lady Gaga" loved to stop and eat along the trail which was hilarious. Definitely a trail ride we'll take again! Thank you!!!