We stayed here for one night on Maui, because we wanted to be in the middle of things in Lahaina. Previously, we'd spent a week in a mid-level condo, which cost about the same ($125/night). If you can do without hotel and condo amenities, the Lahaina Inn is a very relaxing and atmospheric, even romantic choice.
My husband really enjoyed staying here among all the antique decor. The bed was wonderfully comfy, and the common room where you could make your own coffee and a simple breakfast that we brought along for ourselves was a welcome perk. The instructions for checking in after-hours (front desk not staffed after 5pm) were helpful. Best of all, we had a sunny open-air lanai with rocking chairs and an ocean view.
A few downsides:
* $7 per night for parking -- very affordable by Lahaina standards, but we hadn't known about it in advance. The parking lot has limited space for guests and is a half-block away.
* Ample street noise until around 10:30pm. Radios thoughtfully provided in-room to cover up some of that noise, and the air-con added some white noise to the background.
* No TVs, wi-fi, etc. (Some might consider this a perk, I realize, but if you have to stay connected to work, it can be an issue.)
* Lots of "rules" signs everywhere you look in the room. (E.g., "Check-out time is no later than 11 a.m." on the bathroom mirror, instead of somewhere less obtrusive, like the back of the door.)
The front desk manager was incredibly cool, and she did everything she could to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible. The location in the middle of Lahaina town is fun. I don't think I would return, however, since for the same price I could instead book a one-bedroom condo in Honokowai or Kihei and get more space, amenities and use of a swimming pool. The Lahaina Inn is romantic, but it's just not as well-equipped.
- Also Known As:
- Lahaina Hotel Lahaina
- Lahaina Hotel
- Lahaina Inn Maui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique inn was recently remodeled and is situated in the heart of historic Lahaina Town. Just off of Front Street guests enjoy easy access to the many local restaurants, bars, art galleries, shops, historical sites, and Lahaina Harbor. Lahaina Inn guests enjoy complimentary shuttle services to Kaanapali Beach and full access to the resort amenities and prime beachfront location at Lahaina Inn's sister property- the Royal Lahaina Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Lahaina Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.