“What a wonderful week in paradise” 5 of 5 stars

5th Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“What a wonderful week in paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

Just returned from a fantastic week at the Sheraton Resort in Maui. This is our 5th stay at this beautiful property and it gets better and better. Check in was nice and easy, valet parked the car, bellman grabbed the bags and we were off to our room in a golf cart. We received room 4610 and let me tell you it was perfect. We had two balconies one facing the pool and the other facing the ocean and Black Rock. It was an incredible view. Slight problem with the A/C, called the front desk and it was fixed in ten minutes. Everyone at the resort could not have been more pleasant everyone had that "ALOHA SPIRIT". Breakfast was included in our room rate and the food was great. Variety and preperation was great. Concierge helped us with a snorkel trip and set up a tee time for golf, arranged for club rentals for my wife and I from a local vendor who delivered the clubs direct to the hotel. The location is perfect, we snorkeled Black Rock almost every day saw sea turtles, tons of tropical fish eals and rays. Pool was great, rented a gazebo on two of our beach days. Whalers village was just a short walk away and gave some nice options for dinner. Would like to go on and on about local restaurants and side trips but I need to go back to work to pay for this great trip. Thanks to everyone at the Sheraton for making this another special trip. We will be back next year the week after Thanksgiving can't wait.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I have been meaning to write this review since we came back from our honeymoon and have just got round to it!! My partner and I were married in Las Vegas and decided to have our honeymoon at the Sheraton Hotel, Maui.

My wife had previously stayed at this hotel some four years previously and loved the hotel and the island of Maui. It was a bit of a brave decision to return for our honeymoon (would I like it as much as she had done??). But she didn't need to have worried because I loved this hotel and location just as much as she did!!

The Sheraton is a wonderful hotel, really luxurious and in possibly the most perfect location in the world. The hotel grounds are perfectly manicured and simply beautiful. The room was clean and modern with a very comfy bed. The pool was gorgeous - lots of different sections and areas to make it interesting. The dining rooms were also fantastic, we especially loved the indoor - outdoor dining experience. Our breakfast was included in the hotel price which we were very pleased about. The breakfast was awesome - everything you would ever want for breakfast!!

The location of this hotel is wonderful, built right on Black Rock. We spent lots of time snorkelling around the rock, especially early in the morning when it was very quiet and saw fantasitc marine life. Our last day was the best when we swam with three green turtles, loads of colourful reef fish and eagle rays - it was stunning - all within 100yds of the beach!!

I would just like to take the opportunity to thank the Sheraton Maui for making our stay and our honeymoon such a wonderful experience. Maui certainly has that ability to get into a persons soul - I think it is the beauty of the island coupled with the contentedness of the local people. We certainly can't wait to come back again!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
PRJocelyn, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2010
Congratulations on your recent marriage, and thank you again for choosing to spend your honeymoon at our resort. I am so glad to hear that the resort lived up to your wife's fond memories and that you found everything you were looking for on your trip. Thanks again for sharing your story, I hope that we will see you again in the future.
sf bay area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

The location of this hotel is fabulous for snorkeling. One of the best locations for snorkeling in Hawaii is just steps away, which is super convenient when you are traveling with a toddler. My husband and I took turns watching our son while the other watched him. And, when I think of the huge effort it is to drive to a snorkel beach with a little one you really value location. Here, we woke up at 8 a.m. got dressed, grabbed some towels and hit the beach before 9 a.m. While later on our trip when we went to Hanamanu Bay in Oahu we had to wake up at 6 to get dressed, pack our stuff, get lunch and snacks, get in the car, drive, park and then carry all our stuff to the beach to get to the beach by 9 am. Huge difference. My vote is for location when traveling with small kids. And, then the pool was nice. I thought it was strange at first since it's more a meandering stream. It just looks visually different then an olympic size pool. But, my son loved it. It was fun roaming the pool. They had a hula dancer one afternoon. Another day they had a lei making class, and that man was soo friendly. Even with all the family activities, I did not see that many little children. The hotel seems to attract lots of early risers, who are out running and walking.

We lucked out and got a free upgrade to the ocean view room that overlooked the pool. It was amazing view to wake up to! That view is all I remember about the room. I know there were minor things to whine about but they all pale in comparison to the view. Three weeks later I don't remember what the were. Most reviews are accurate. This place was not the fanciest place. But, I don't care about the lack of granite counter tops more than a fabulous location. I would say this place was near perfect except I was upset that one day housekeeping did not come to clean. We did leave our "do not disturb" sign was up past the late morning but I called and told them we were leaving and please come now. They never came! I called and complained and all I got an apology. But again after a free upgrade to an ocean view, I will still say I would come back here in a quick second and hope that I get that view again for a garden price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences from your recent stay. I agree that the location is great - especially if you have small children and don't want to travel very far to experience the island. I apologize about the miscommunication regarding your housekeeping. I've passed that comment on to our Property Operations department to review with their staff. We hope you will visit us again in the future!
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

We stayed here during our time in Maui and loved every minute of it. The property and rooms are gorgeous and the location could not be better. The snorkeling at black rock was amazing and we saw tons of fish and the giant sea turtles. I was very impressed with the staff and service- especially Jun at the Mai Tai bar. I would recommend this place to ANYONE during a stay in Maui, the property is arranged so that it's perfect for everyone from families to couples looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Mahalo for your kind praise of the Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa. I am so happy to hear that you loved the property and the staff. We hope you can come visit us again!
jersey city, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

great hotel and great location. crowded beach, but that comes with this part of maui. but i swam with three huge green sea turtles right off of the hotel beach. the snorkeling is great here, and you can walk north just 10 min to the next beach, where there is an even better snorkeling spot in shallow water for a huge portion of the water just 10 -20 feet off of the beach short. also close to town, where one can pickup snacks at safeway and snorkel equipment for rent (way cheaper than at hotel). pool is nice and big and meandering, with it's little river thing, ceremony at sunset is fun, rooms are clean and nice. had a deal through expedia, but remember that expedia bookings get lowest priority in terms of getting a king bed, so we started with two fulls, then were moved to a king.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experiences from your recent stay at the Sheraton Maui. The snorkeling around our resort is great and I'm glad you got to see the turtles that live nearby! I hope you can come and visit us again.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We have been at the Sheraton 3 times now (once with extended family) and you can't beat the location, the facitities and the staff. Our every need was met - from golf arrangements, sunset cruises and the spa. We have stayed at hotels and condos up and down the Kaanapali shore but have found our favorite with Chip Bahout and his staff at the Sheraton. It is amazing how many beatiful pictures you can take of a single site,

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Aloha & mahalo nui loa for your continued visits and support of the Sheraton Maui!
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

We just got back from our Hawaii vacation last nite. We travelled with 3 other
families. The Sheraton, Maui has a great location, but the bed bug bites and the way the staff handled the issue will leave a bad taste in our mouths forever!!
3 people in our group(from 3 different families) got bitten and were told our rooms would be checked out and they would get back to us, but we didnt hear about it later.
Our children wanted a snack(croissants or such) with their milk, hot chocolate around 4.30-5 pm and we couldnt get anything!
Poolside service was good. The restaurant has limited food choices and the food was not worth mentioning:-(
A hotel of this calibre ought to have a 24hr coffee shop, especially since so many families with young children come here, and also considering how high their rates are!
Great location, mediocre service and facilities..

D.K
San Jose
Ca

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
PRJocelyn, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
Aloha and mahalo for your feedback on your recent stay. I am very sorry that you found our service while handling your guestroom situation substandard. Our staff has professionally inspected all three of the guestrooms you mentioned (two you reported while on property and one after) and found the rooms to be clear of bedbugs. However, we always appreciate guests bringing these possibilities to our attention and I apologize that you felt that your feedback was not recognized. We will be sending a follow-up letter shortly. Your other comments have been passed on to our managers for consideration. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to provide the highest level of service.

Been to Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!