I'm Starwood Gold and Marriott Gold - I travel a lot. I'm used to supposed "4-star" service and rooms.
The Sheraton Maui exceeded my expectations.
I used Starwood points to get a room for one week. I know what types of rooms you get when you use points - the worst in the place. I nicely talked with the desk attendant and she worked a way to get me an oceanview room. She was overly pleasant and a joy to work with. Her name was Tisha.
The room is good. I don't think too many Hawaii rooms are great, luxury-style rooms. What's the point? You're outside most of the time. Nice King-sized bed, nice balcony with table and chairs, wired internet in the room (which I converted to wireless with my travel router), and TV with all of the mainland channels.
The resort itself is superb. The pool has two big sections with a long, winding 4 foot river connecting them. A hot tub is hidden between the two and romantically nestled between hidden rocks. There are two pool bar/restaurants and plenty of poolside waiters/waitresses. There are also two activity centers near the pool/beach. We did find that their prices are not that competitive with other centers in the Lahaina area - shop around.
The beach is the best of all the hotels along this resort stretch. In contrast, the Marriott beach is TERRIBLE. Rocky, non-swimmable, etc. People come from all over just to snorkle on the beach at the Sheraton - we did and the views were INCREDIBLE! be very, very careful here as one unfortunate sould nearly died while we were there - he swam BEYOND Black Rock (despite all of the signs) and was pinned against the rock. EMS, Police, Fire, etc... got there and revived him.
All in all, I would stay here again in an instant. Even though I got the room for free, I would pay around $300 a night for a room like this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Beach's Black Rock, is near Whalers Village and Kapalua-West Maui Airport. Our Hawaii hotel has a lagoon, a ballroom, and an Ocean Lawn for weddings and meetings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Starwood, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Maui Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina