Our party arrived late at the hotel. Check in was pretty easy, the Aussie valet was extremely nice & very helpful. When we got to our room, the beds looked so inviting until we laid down. But we were so tired it didn't matter until the next couple of nights. The pillows were great but the mattresses were not so. The room was very clean, though, and the bathroom was ok. The refrigerator was sooooo useful... a microwave would have been excellent, but it was only a standard room, so it didn't come with one. The $25 daily resort fee was a bit much but it did provide daily parking and internet access (ok, but sometimes slow to connect). We self parked everyday and I found it funny whenever we dropped off our party in front of the lobby, the valet always welcomingly rushed to open one door but as soon as we told them we were only dropping off, they rushed just as fast to leave!
The spa just opened but we didn't get our massage there. Instead, we went up to the Westin Ocean Resort & Villas. The smell of eucalyptus welcomed us into the relaxation lounge. After our lomi lomi massage, we stayed in the sauna for about 10 minutes and that was just incredible. Starwood gets 10% off so that helped.
The beach was nice, the water was cold, and the best was our daily distant view of humpback whales!!! Snorkeled at Black Rock which was great! Water was pretty cold though and towards the afternoon, the waves were higher which made it a little more difficult. The hotel grounds were nice, the pools were clean but was kind of a bummer when I went to get towels and found out that they don't rent floatation devices (they sold them for $7+).
Overall, the location along Ka'anapli Beach was a great great thing. Distances from other places were short but took a long time to get there because the speed limits were low. That's fine though because you are in Hawaii and the views are not comparable. Can't really point to one best experience in Maui... was it seeing a humpback whale for the very first time breach straight up during a luau (open bar), was it climbing the stairs in magical & spiritual I'ao Valley, was it sitting at Big Beach in Makena with a clear view of Molokini, or was it feeling the cool ocean breeze while watching it graze the hills and mountains at the southern tip of Maui on the back road from Hana??? Too hard to decide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Beach's Black Rock, is near Whalers Village and Kapalua-West Maui Airport. Our Hawaii hotel has a lagoon, a ballroom, and an Ocean Lawn for weddings and meetings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Starwood, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Maui Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina