We were "invitied" by Westin for the same 6day/5night deal others have mentioned; $150 a night for a piece of paradise? Okay! It was a very pleasant experience. We didn't want to pay for the upgrade; we knew we would spend in restaurants, etc. but did talk to the manager about our anniversary. He put us on the 10th floor, mtn view, recently renovated room, smaller than other Westins, but we knew that ahead of time from research. The armoire and all the drawers available were quite suffiicient, and there was actually room under the beds for our luggage, and with four of us, that was a big help. The heavenly beds, wireless internet, and small frig; what more could you ask for at this price? Oh, yeah, how about a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries sent up to our room from the manager?
We were greeted with leis at the door upon arrival, and no, the lobby is not as over the top as other hawaiian hotels, but very pretty with the koi pond and waterfalls and birds. Yes it was a busy hotel, it was the holidays (Jan 2-7); there are a lot of families there enjoying themselves; honestly, don't go to a resort if you want to be alone.
We ate breakfast by the pool one rainy morning; the spinach benedict was yummy, and large enough to share for two. I used the work out room, but didn't have to wait for a machine like someone else did.
We ate at the dinner at the lower Leilani Grill; great location, food not really memorable; lunch at the Hula Grill, goat cheese pizza was tasty and our teens said they made the best virgin pinas. In Lahaina, we had a wonderful dinner at the Lahaina Fish Company (get the scallops), and another night a delicious meal at the Lahaina Store and Grill, a new restaurant (the lamb lollies were to die for!)
To end our trip, we rented a condo in Wailea, at the Ekolu Village for three nights. Found an ocean view unit from VRBO.com. We had a great experience overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali is located along a breathtaking stretch of the gorgeous, white-sand Ka'anapali Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina