My new wife and I checked into this hotel a bit concerned with some of the reviews, but that wasnt a worry at all after only 10 minutes.
Check in was superb and really personal as we got congratulations of the reception staff and told some hawaiin traditions for newly weds, like which side to wear your flowers :)
When we went up to the room we were amazed!, we had been upgraded to one of the luxury rooms with a superb almost 360 view of the ocean over the whalers village. The room was superbly decorated and looked very fresh. The bathroom was amazing and had a large selection of free toiletries which my wife became addicted to :D
But the number one thing about the room had to be the bed! it was so comfortable and huge and from lying in it you could look right out at the pacific and hear it lapping against the shore.
Within 10 minutes of being in our room we were brought a complimentary bottle of champagne and flowers from reception as a gift for our honeymoon along with a loverly personalised note wishing us all the best.
The layout of the hotel is amazing, just walking around at night and listening to the birds and taking in the breathtaking sunsets is something that will stay in our minds forever.
Food wise the place is expensive, but then that seems to be the case with everywhere in Maui but you wont be dissapointed, the tapas style is lovely and the breakfast turkey wraps are the nicest breakfast we ever tried period!
All in all this hotel is in an absolutely superb location with superb staff, views, rooms and facilities. We never experienced any rudeness or screaming children or anything resembling what a few people here have mentioned.
A lot of the time I reckon it depends upon the reviewer and if one small thing occurs they may let this affect their entire holiday.
One final mention has to go to the diving school that operate in the hotel, the training lesson is superb and the diver is so professional and makes sure you get a good session and see some amazing things. Remembering hearing whales talk while diving will always make smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali is located along a breathtaking stretch of the gorgeous, white-sand Ka'anapali Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina