“Honeymoon was going great until the mouse joined us...” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
5th Night Free
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Lahaina
“Honeymoon was going great until the mouse joined us...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Let me first start out by saying that my wife's favorite hotel is the Westin. I booked our trip through their preferred 3rd party as I got a really great deal for air, car and room. Upon check-in we were upgraded and had a wonderful room overlooking the waterfalls. Staff was great and the concierge team led by Yvonne have wonderful. The staff at the Relish bar top-notch.
First issue was that the internet would only work if I stood next to do the door. I report this to the tech team and front desk and they try to troubleshoot to no avail but they do give me a credit on my bill. Very nice gesture and something I would expect.
Honeymoon is going great until we get to day 5....I hear something around 11PM and there is a mouse in room. My wife is freaked out and I'm thinking to myself, surely not at the Westin. Call the front desk and here's the solution 2 hours later. Because you booked with Pleasant Holiday we have to find you a room in your originally category. They reminded me that we were upgraded upon check-in. I know you upgraded me as I've always gotten upgraded as a spg member and it was our honeymoon. The other rooms offered were next to a noisy elevator and we did not want to move to an entirely different nonr enovated tower. I almost feel that the staff did not believe their was a mouse in the room so I ended up taking video of rodent. They certainly believed us once the runner and bell man open the draw to see the mouse or rat scurry across the cabinet drawers.
Now we are in a room with a great view of the parking lot. Probably will not be staying here again as they had a great opportunity to exceed our expectations and failed. Never really seemed to be any sense of urgency. We had a really long journey today and were exhausted. May even look to checkout early for peace of mind.
- disappointed honeymooners

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Korean first
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My toddler loves the lobby area with the waterfall, flamingos, koi fishes, and parrots. The coconut man might give your toddler a cup of cheerio to feed the fishes. Overall, it's a beautiful resort with a great beach. The rooms are relatively smaller, so be prepare for a tighter space. We went in December so it's considered windy season. If you want to go to a less windy beach, drive south to Kihei and the water is calmer.

Green Features: Free 500 Starwood points if you skip 1 day of cleaning, up to 4 nights per room. It's to conserve and etc.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I spent a one week honeymoon at the Westin Maui. What made our stay amazing, besides being on our honeymoon? The staff at the Westin Maui made our week incredible. They excel at customer service. Kuuipo Muscutt, one of the staff wedding planners, truly exceeded at making our week extraordinary and memorable. If you have the opportunity to visit the spa, Heather in the salon gives the best manicure and pedicure. She is great to chat with while she pampers you as well. Elizabeth gives an amazing massage. The concierge made great recommendations for both a sunset whale watch (on Gemini) and a snorkeling trip (on Queens Treasure). Both excursions were beyond our expectations.
The resort itself is beautiful and well maintained. There were some maintenance projects happening around the pools, but they were done in such a discrete manner that they did not adversely affect the enjoyment of the resort.
The food was great on the breakfast buffet, in the casual dining restaurant, and the ocean front restaurant. The casual dining restaurant could expand their menu. If that is a negative, it is the only one that I would have about the entire week.

Room Tip: Definitely get an ocean view room, even if it cost a little more
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I just got back from our honey moon. We spent 8 days in Maui and 4 in Oahu. Stayed here while we were in Maui, and we just loved it. The staff was very friendly and not over bearing. Concierge was helpful. Hotel amenities were amazing. Beautiful large pool and hot tubs, it's right on a beautiful beach, there is a lovely koi pond, work out facilities, a massage/spa facility and at least 3 restaurants. The activity hut rents snorkels for a reasonable price and boogie boards, etc. The housekeeping staff cleans your room every day or you can ask them not to by 9 am and you get free breakfast. We didn't dine at the restaurants there, preferring to try out local cuisine on the island, but the hotel is just a few minute walk down the beach running path to Dukes, which is a great place to dine right on the water. The only down side was paying for parking/valet. It was $10 a day to park yourself and $12 to valet. If you parked yourself, parking was rather limited. Overall we were more than happy with our stay.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Manitoulin Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great location next to the Whalers Village. Nice clean spacious rooms. Clean pools with adult section including hot tub. Beautiful beach with friendly resort staff. Nice relaxing place to stay with great Ocean view rooms. Close to Lahaina for some excellent shopping and dining selections

Room Tip: Choose Oceanview beach tower
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Snoqualmie, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here our first night in Maui. I paid $259 a night for a mountain (aka parking lot) view room, and was upgraded to ocean view at check in. Since I am a gold SPG member, I was able to check in early and check out late. The property is beautiful. Everything from check in to check out was perfect. If I had to complain about something, it would be that my room didn't have a bathtub...but it did have the heavenly shower...and it was heavenly. The bed was comfortable, good lighting, plenty of outlets for electronics. The pool area is huge and there were plenty of pool chairs, but it was very windy and most likely the wind detered people from coming down to the pool. I'm looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was here recently for a conference. Some things I really liked about the place were the first night of free valet parking and a self parking lot that was really close to the resort. The resort itself is nice. The rooms are very clean and quiet. The bathrooms are a little small, but I was a party of one. I did like the large walk in shower! I also liked that they had a refrigerator in the room. I had a 'parking lot' view. But it was still awesome. From the 10th floor I mostly saw the golf course and then the mountain. I would eat my breakfast (purchased from the Safe Way in town) on the lovely patio each morning as the sun rose.

Being in Hawaii for business can be challenging as most hotels are set up for vacationers, but the Westin had a nice desk and Internet in each room to make productivity easy. The conference facility was ok. I mean, really, it is a big a/c roomed with a bunch of people. Hard to make any of those really interesting. The catering was excellent. Plenty of fruit and coffee. It was also nice that they set up a fast lunch sale counter for salads and sandwiches.

The resort is also right next door to the Whaler's Village where there is plenty of shopping and restaurants. Even so I ended up eating at the resort's pool side bar a few times. The food there was fine when prepared as described. Nothing fancy and a couple of times poor. I attempted to have the seared ahi sandwich twice, but they only made it edible once. The 2nd time it was so over cooked the inside was fully cooked and like rubber, it should be criminal to ruin a piece of tuna like that. The waiter was very busy so by the time I got his attention, my short lunch break was over. I had him take back the sandwich with a request to admonish the cook who allowed that to be served and a demand to not be charged for the uneaten food. He obliged and offered a replacement, but I had to return to work. The day before one of our party actually found a lady bug in the lettuce of her sandwich, to me that showed there was a lack of discipline in the kitchen that is really needed.

In conclusion, a nice place to stay, but eat there at your own risk.

Room Tip: Don't get a beach view on the lower floors. Hard to actually see the beach and in the evening th...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Westin Maui Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!