After a long day of travel from Philly, we finally arrived at the Westing Maui. At checkin we were told the room we reserved (a king bed) was not available and we had to take a a double....great way to start a honeymoon. We we're told we could try and see if a king was available the next day or they would waive the resort fee for 5 of the 9 days. A king did become available, the next day which became available at 3pm. It would have been nice to have the resort fee waived for the night but oh well. Bellmen moved our luggage for us which was a nice touch along with a bottle of wine.
As other reviews say do not expect an upgrade. And do yourself a favor pay for the ocean view. If not you will get a great view of a loud parking lot and roosters that wake you up at 4am...lovely. My next complaint is parking. Unless you have a smart car just pay for valet. The spots are so small any convertible or full size car is near impossible to fit. To make matters worse since the lot is so small valet double parks all cars in on the left side of each row. It's was not pleasant to wake up at 3am to go up the volcano only to wait 20 mins for a valet guy to move the car that parked you in.
My only other gripe is the luau. Try another one this was very disappointing. Very untraditional and left out some key points of a luau...pig roast etc
HOWEVER this hotel has amazing grounds, top notch service, and a ton of great amenities. Huge pools with water falls are everywhere you look, 100 yards from front desk to ocean, and whalers village is right around the corner. All the outlets are great, and take advantage of happy hour. The staff was top tier, and the hospitality suite was great for those with a late flight on check out. You can squeeze in every last bit of Hawaii, breakfast buffet was great!! Food always hot and fresh.
I would no doubt return to the Westin Maui on a return trip, memories will last a lifetime!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali is located along a breathtaking stretch of the gorgeous, white-sand Ka'anapali Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina