“Beautiful hotel-thanks Lorraine and jayson” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 29 hotels in Lahaina
San
“Beautiful hotel-thanks Lorraine and jayson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Disclaimer: I am a Starwood front desk associate so I know how things "should" be according to Westin/Starwood standards.

The resort itself was absolutely amazing. My mom and I were upgraded to a beautiful, new, ocean view room which was much appreciated. Jayson checked us in and couldn't have been nicer! He was welcoming and professional and made us very excited for our stay. The grounds were perfect, we loved everything from the room to the food to the ocean. Lorraine in Relish was great as well and made us feel special. The concierge are also helpful and very knowledgable.

The customer service everywhere else we encountered was lackluster and left us confused. We were allowed to retrieve our own bags from storage on a trust basis, which doesn't seem safe for people's belongings, and the pool rules are not enforced whatsoever. This was most disappointing. The "adult" pool is hardly that. There were kids all over the place and employees all around who turned a blind eye. Everyone in the jacuzzi was commenting on how it doesn't seem like "16 and up" age limit mattered. The water slide attendant was on his cell phone the whole time which allowed kids to be rowdy and dangerous when sliding. Hopefully no one gets hurt.

We woke up one morning at 215am to go to Haleakala for sunrise. We come downstairs and our car was blocked in by valet. There was no one to be found and it took twenty minutes for the situation to be fixed. The valet apologized however we were 20 minutes late because no one was at the front desk or valet, which isn't standard practice.

Overall the stay was great and I would definitely return, I just hope the associates can learn to like their jobs more and know that they can truly make or break someone's experience. Again, special thanks for Jayson and Lorraine for showing they care about guest experiences.

Stayed August 2014

3,125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Korean first
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

This is by far the best hotel in Maui . The best beach and close to everything can't get better .the location is perfect next door you have a mall with restaurants and stores . The water activities are on the beach right in the hotel . Clean beautiful friendly hotel . The water pond with the birds and fish are breathtaking .

Room Tip: Any room they are all perfect
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Westin Maui Resort and Spa is a classy top notch restort with friendly staff and perfect for a family. I went with my family with 2 other families for 5 night stay . The ambence was stunning with water falls , birds ( macaws, swans , flamingoes, african parrot ) , cat fishes and various flora. The water sports facility was avialable at the restort which was relatively inexpensive. The food was excellent , the restaurants tickled your pallets and the location was just ideal. just next door were 3 great restuarants to choose from . The whalers market is next door with boutique stores from designer to pop-mom shops. The rooms were clean and service every day. There is Starbucks within the resort.
The location is breathtaking and is on the beach itself. The most spectacular sunset view is from the lawns of hotels and you need go anywhere else. Sunsets crews and water sport activity are avialable on-site.

Had no complains and would go back again in a heart beat.We throughly enjoyed our stay and recommend this for all who have families.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband. I'm a germaphobe, so I was slightly frightened by some of the recent bathroom photos posted on trip advisor. Luckily, we stayed in the ocean tower and we were pleasantly surprised with a newly renovated room and clean bathroom. The grounds are a little crowded and chaotic, but we didn't have any issues finding a lounge chair at the pool. The whalers village is next door which gave us many food options without needing to drive offsite. Loved that the gym was overlooking the pool/ocean. The concierge was also very friendly and helpful. The parking lot is small, so we did need to valet our car at night but it was free of charge. Overall, we had a good stay at the Westin and our room was clean, but I would have probably preferred a smaller less busy hotel since my husband and I don't have any kids.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Took me a long time to write this review but my husband and I stayed here last year on our honeymoon and loved it. The hotel was undergoing a renovation so I am sure it is even better. Can't wait to go back!

Loved the water feature in the lobby, that each room has a balcony and how central it is

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinMauiAmbassador, Manager at Westin Maui Resort And Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you so much for your review, after all this time. It really means a lot to us. We can't wait to welcome you back, too. We hope you are having a wonderful Summer. Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home. Look forward to seeing you again, soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the westin maui and was disturbed by the lack of customer service by the front desk as well as the hotel rooms. We entered the hotel on our honeymoon so eager an excited as honeymooners would and should be! We were told we were being upgraded into a better room for being on our honeymoon. We go upstairs excited to check in only to walk in on another couple in there occupied room!! This was the first strike for me! Then we had to go back down and ran into the guy carrying our bags an told him what happened an he laughed as if this happens all the time. So then we get moved to another room and when we walk in I was not impressed at all this was what I paid thousands of dollars was to stay in a room with dirty walls dirty bathroom, stains on the toilet, the room appeared to be very moldy and I tried to make the best of it but I shouldn't have to be scared to walk barefoot in my hotel bathroom. We went back down and scored with a very nice lady Rebecca who listened to me and my needs and moved us over to the renovated tower in which was night an day to what I had been put in the first time. I was much happier with the room thanks to Rebecca!! On the other hand we encountered a very rude front desk associate grace! Anytime I needed something she would quickly talk over me and rush me out of her sight. I was told by my travel agent I was getting free breakfast and had an email that he was arranging to make this happen but because she wouldn't listen she belittled me drew me out a chart of how each day is 2 for 1 breakfast which I understand but that's not what I was told and my travel agent was more then willing to pay for it. Had she listened she would have understood. Instead of her trying to assist with the problem she was just looking to get rid of me. I spent several hours on the phone and wasting time on my honeymoon. In the end my travel agent did speak with Monica from food and beverage and we did get free breakfast. Another thing which was rude was we were told we would get a free bottle of champagne because we were on our honeymoon....a few days goes by didn't see it ... Someone knocks on the door and hands us a bottle of wine an leaves. It was very abrupt and I couldn't believe the lack of service from the westin. I expected a lot more and could have stayed somewhere else but I chose the westin.. I will never stay there again and I'm very happy at the Hyatt! Very very disappointed and paid to much money to be treated so poorly!! There's so much more I could say but won't!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Samantha P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We sincerely apologize about the number of events that have resulted in a negative review. Please know that this is not representative of our standard. Your comments have been forwarded to our team leaders for immediate follow up. We would be delighted to speak with your personally on further details of your stay. We have sent you a private message requesting for your contact information so that we may reach out to you. Again, we apologize. Thank you for choosing us as your home away from. We hope to ear from you soon and welcome you back for a very different and much better experience.

Mahalo.
virginia beach, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was skeptical because of reviews, but hotel was great for family which includes two kids - 9 and 12. Kids enjoyed pools which are great, grounds are beautiful, staff is good, room was fine - we had a mountain room, which had a great view of what else, a mountain. Restaurants cost exactly what restaurants cost in maui - no more or less. The only negative is the self parking situation. They need to fix this, because it does effect the mood coming and going. Its a log jam, there are plenty of valet folk but if you do not want to tip continuously this could be frustrating.

Stayed August 2014
Aloha and Mahalo for your review. We are excited to hear that you all had a wonderful time. We do apologize about the parking situation. We are looking forward to improvements in the near future that will alleviate your concerns. Thank you for your most valuable feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We would love to welcome you back to Maui again. Be Wel

Been to Westin Maui Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!