“Loved everything about it :)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
5th Night Free
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Lahaina
Woodland, California
“Loved everything about it :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I traveled to Maui for the first time at the end of March and early April. I decided to book our stay at The Westin Maui Resort And Spa before we left based on a recommendation from a friend.
We were very happy that we followed her advice. We stayed here for 7 nights and this resort was just fabulous. The pools are clean, the big water slide is a lot of fun, and the beach is just superb. The atmosphere at this resort is very welcoming and the rooms were always clean. I would highly recommend this resort :)

Room Tip: The new Ocean Tower has amazing views. The luau that is held here is also so much fun with great fo...
Green Features: Very friendly environment with helpful staff throughout the resort. The parking after 10 pm is a bit challenging so they offer free valet parking :)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (826)
  • Korean first
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed for a week on an incentive program. The view from the room was absolutely beautiful. The resort public areas are clean and well maintained. The rooms in the ocean tower are newly renovated. They are small but well designed. Watched the whales from my balcony yesterday. Yes, it was magical.
Dined at Relish a few times, they food is delicious. Used the workout facilities daily they have a nice variety of equipment. The beach area is lovely, nice sand, clear water. The beachwalk fronts a number of resorts, and is long and very scenic. A nice feature of the resort is the dine around option of the resort. You can dine at a couple of different resorts and charge to your room account.
The Luau is a whole lot of fun. The food was delicious, service was terrific and the show amazing. I would recommend it!
A very big Mahalo to Vita in convention services, she made the program a huge success. Have rarely worked with someone who is so professional and great at her job. She worked with us to make the program a huge success.

Room Tip: The Ocean tower rooms are smaller but updated, the beach tower rooms are larger. Join the SPG progr...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Daly City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I went here for five days. I usually go to Honolulu but, it has become too much of a tourist trap.
A friend suggested the Westin on Maui if I really wanted to find a quiet place to relax and unwind.
Everything about this resort screams five stars. The front desk had my reservation and I was in my room in a matter of minutes. Once in the room I checked out the bed, restroom etc..and everything was immaculate.
Everything you need is at the hotel. I never felt the need nor the desire to leave the property. I spent my days lounging by the pool enjoying a beer or two. Followed by dinner with a scenic view of the beach.
If you want to impress that special someone. I would not hesitate to refer you to the Westin Resort. It's romantic, quiet, immaculate and facilities to cater to almost all of your needs.
My first impression of the Maui Westin Resort has been so favorable that my girlfriend and I will be going back again at the end of May. I'm pretty sure this place is at max capacity during the summer months. A definite top destination for those who love being spoiled by a great, friendly and professional staff.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Beautiful resort, clean, friendly staff, cheery atmosphere. Our second time here and since the first time we stayed at another hotel here and now we see how wonderful this resort is. It's perfect and the location is perfect. Right near the restaurants and shops and nice beach

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

After staying at 2 other hotels in Maui we ended our vacation at the Westin. We were very disappointed with the service. Everyone from the restaurant staff, front desk, massage therapist and cleaning staff looked like they were in a bad mood and not happy to be serving us. The property was very crowded and loud. And you had to pay extra for a beach chair and umbrella which was preposterous given that you also had to pay a resort fee. I would not recommend staying here. I would look for a smaller property. We stayed at the Fairmont in the South Shore which was comparable in size and the experience was completely different (though a lot more pricey). I gave this feedback to the GM upon checkout who seemed really nice and apologized and credited me our resort fee but I think this problem with the service is so widespread that I don't think it can be fixed unfortunately. We stayed in the renovated rooms which were very nice though a bit small.

Room Tip: The elevators were very slow and always full so keep this in mind.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bowmanville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

In all honesty, this is not the hotel I originally booked. We got bumped from our original resort, the Makena because of an overbooked convention and they needed our room. The Makena booked our room at the Westin and covered the cost of the difference. The hotel itself is gorgeous. The lobby is so beautiful, open and refreshing. I hated the line ups every time you had to go to the front desk for something. There was almost always at least a 10 minute wait. They didn't have enough staff on the desk. The restaurant "Relish" was very nice. There was a section that offered a quiet, ocean view and it was very pleasant. The breakfast buffet is worth the money. One thing to bear in mind is that the buffet is all open air. The buffet itself is inundated with birds constantly flying in and out, picking up food right off of the buffet itself. As long as that doesn't bother you, you're good to go. Other then breakfast, we didn't eat at Relish so I can't comment. Three of the five days we were there, one of the two elevators was out of service. I don't know if this is a common problem for them but it was another time consumer when we didn't want to waste a moment. The stairs were not an option as we were on the 10th floor. The rooms were elegant and nicely appointed. The beds are everything they advertise. "Heavenly". The view from our ocean front room was spectacular. Housekeeping was great. Our biggest problem with the hotel was the way they tried to push us into attending a 90 minute sales seminar for their villas. We didn't go down there to buy a condo. WE WERE ON VACATION !! And really didn't want to be bothered with a sales pitch. The way they did it was sneaky and I didn't appreciate that. The front desk "forgot" to give us our breakfast vouchers and we received a message to see the concierge about picking them up. When we did this, the concierge told us that we get those from the front desk but since she had us, she went into her spiel which ended in a very pushy effort to get us to book this 90 minute visit to their villas. After about 30 minutes we finally broke away by saying we were already booked for every moment of our stay. The next morning, there was another message on our phone requesting we pick up our complimentary chocolates at the concierge desk. Needless to say, we didn't eat any chocolates. Had they begun their spiel with "Are you interested in purchasing a property in Maui?", accepted "no" for an answer and moved on, we would have been fine. Both my daughter and I found their tactics to be a bit underhanded and pushy. However, all of the staff at the Westin were friendly, helpful, always smiling and a pleasure to deal with, especially the front desk staff.

Also, when in Hawaii, you expect to be able to leave your Lanai door open and listen to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, especially in an ocean front room. The sound of their man built waterfalls, which was directly below our room, drowned out all sounds of the ocean. It was beautiful and all and there are definitely more unpleasant sounds to hear, just not the sound I wanted to hear in Hawaii.

The Westin is a very family oriented, kid friendly place. Don't go expecting a quiet, relaxing stay. For that, go much further south. There are kids screaming all the time as there is a huge water slide in the middle of the grounds as well as a multitude of pools (one very nice adult only pool as well). If you have an ocean view or ocean front room, you also overlook the grounds and are susceptible to all the noise that comes with it. If you are travelling with your family, this is great and you will appreciate both the view and the room. The hotel has done a great job of separating the adult areas from the well trafficked areas but you can't block the noise. We were ok with it but like I said, if you're looking for peace and quiet, go someplace else. Even the beach, as gorgeous as it was, was full of families with very loud children.

Be prepared for a true Maui beach as well. In Oahu, Waikiki beach has a break wall which provides a calmer section of beach to swim. In Maui, you get the true ocean experience. Once further out in the water, you're fine as long as you can swim. The ocean floor drops out from under you at a fairly rapid pace. The waves and currents are extremely strong and getting out of the water is an art form. This was my first experience in Hawaii and we had visited Waikiki first so I was a bit thrown by the power of the waves. Once in, I was fine and loved every second. Given I suffer from severe arthritis, getting out was a challenge to say the least. But, it wouldn't stop me from going in again and again and again.

To wrap things up, I would go back to Hawaii in a heart beat. Would I stay at the Westin?? Probably not. It's gorgeous but it's pricey and a lot more commercial then I was hoping Maui would be. Our next visit, we will be staying in Lanai !!!

Room Tip: If you want quiet, stay on the mountain side of the hotel. If you want beach, stay in the beach tow...
Green Features: Each room is provided with a recycling bin and the option to use either cardboard of glass glasses. There was absolutely no chemical odours from cleaning supplies. It was nice and fresh.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We recently had 4 nights at the Westin Maui. Great spot, every amenity you could think of. Pool just for the adults, happy hour while the sun sets, water slide for the kids. So all good. My only problem was it was very busy. We hired a car one day and drove to another beach near Napili got snorkels and a surf board on the way and gad a great day out. Given my time again I would have hired a car from the airport and had it for the length of our stay

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Westin Maui Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!