This place was first rate. A bit tired perhaps, but the staff and location make it a winner. Shirley with SPG was our personal concierge and any problems we had were ironed out immediately. Our upgrade was to an ocean front suite, closest to the beach in the entire hotel. The floor was lower then we would have liked, but we still had an amazing view of the beach, the water, the whales and Lanai and it didn't detract from our enjoyment of Maui and the facility at all.
The room was clean, huge, and the AC worked quietly and well, something you don't always find. The housekeeping staff did a great job, and the front desk along with SPG worked the magic of aloha to make us feel like ohana.
The facility itself was so beautiful, the best in Kaanapali. Great beach, pools, adult area, beach drink and food service. Designer shops had amazing salespeople, special kudos to Argentina at Martins and MacArthur for her excellent customer service skills and ability to separate us from our cash! Great products in that store, beautiful and as special as the staff.
We purchased art from shows set up within the grounds, great values all and the packaging for travel/shipment were first rate.
Sure Maui is expensive, and so is the Westin. If you're on a budget, stay elsewhere so you don't have to complain about the prices, maybe rent a condo for a couple bills a night. It is what it is...Westin quality and Westin prices. We have a high level of expectation with SPG and we were MORE then satisfied with our amazing vacation with the Westin. If you expect brand new rooms, go over to Wailea and stay at the Four Seasons for $400 a night more. You want a quality stay at a name with a great reputation, go Westin.
I can't think of a thing to complain about other then the small parking spaces, like the lot was built in a time when cars were really thin...but hey, if the lot was full, valet was free. No worries and the lot is right there by the front entrance too. Just don't rent a GMC Yukon! Mahalo Maui Westin for an unforgettable vacation with memories to last a life time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali is located along a breathtaking stretch of the gorgeous, white-sand Ka'anapali Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina