I last stayed at this hotel several years ago, and back then, it was lovely. Based on my past positive experience, I recently booked a 4 night stay. But I'm sorry to say that the Westin Maui has deteriorated over the years and I will never stay at this hotel again.
First, the customer service. All of the staff are nice, but Westin has apparently made a business decision to cut back its staff. And it shows. For example, during peak check in/check out time, roughly 10am to 3pm, they had only one person at the front desk, and a line of people snaking around the lobby . When checking out, my husband and I first tried to use the TV check-out (not working), and then called the front desk. No one answered after we let the phone ring for about 5 minutes. I then called the concierge, who said that the front desk was too busy to process our check-out. We ended up telling them we were just leaving because we had a plane to catch.
As another example, on our floor some guests left some pizza boxes and candy wrappers by the elevator. These pizza boxes and candy wrappers were left out for hours before housekeeping came by and picked them up. Additionally, the chairs by the console table on our floor had really dirty cushions, that looked like they hadn't been cleaned for some time.
In our room, there was some mold on the bathroom walls and ceiling, and what looked like cigarette burns on the inside shower curtain. It also appeared that a previous guest had sprayed cola on one of the columns by the mini-fridge, but housekeeping had not wiped it down.
On the grounds themselves, the inside lobby stone floor (which is open to the grounds) was very dusty with a significant number of leaves that had not been swept away. It looked like they infrequently sweep the lobby area.
All in all, it just seems like the management at this location has stopped caring and is cutting corners anywhere they can. I used to love this hotel. The beach itself and the location is great. But sadly, when I return to Maui, I will not be staying at the Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali is located along a breathtaking stretch of the gorgeous, white-sand Ka'anapali Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Starwood, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina