I can't say enough about our amazing stay at The Whaler. My first impression as we drove up to the lobby was, "Wow" this is paradise!" The gardens and grounds are filled with colorful local vegatation and a beautiful koi pond. (Great photo op!) The hotel/ condos were built in the mid 70's but they have done a good job updating without compromising
the aesthetics. We stayed in tower one room 316. The room was very clean and quiet with a very comfy king size bed. Although I was not planning on cooking much, the updated kitchen had all the amenities needed to cook a full Thanksgiving meal! We had a garden view from the lanai that wasn't too bad. We got a warm breeze and could see the blue sparkling ocean and hear the chirping birds daily.
The pool area was small and well maintained, but we spent most of our time on the beach, which was just steps away.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a kiosk near the beach that rents out umbrellas and chairs, but the hotel has them for free. Snorkeling was fun right outside the hotel but a quick walk down to BlackRock was a better place to see lots of sea life including some huge sea turtles!The sunsets were Marvy!
Keep in mind that the property is smaller than some of the surrounding hotels, which gives it a residential quality. That was a plus for us! We will definitely be back and highly recommend The Whaler for a relaxing retreat where you can recharge your batteries!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina