Loved the Whaler! Great large studio room, ocean view, top floor (12th),Tower 2 with comfy king size bed and full kitchen. Good location right next door to the Whaler Village and restaurants. Beach right out front, snorkeling at Black Rock an easy 10 minute stroll up the beach and little huts dotted along the beachfront offering surfing/paddle board lessons and rentals. Loved strolling along the meandering paved beach walk which goes for miles along the front of all the hotels.
Not bothered by any noise from the nearby restaurants even though they were right next door......probably due to the fact that everyone is usually tucked up in bed by 10.00pm.
Friendly staff at reception.....especially Susan at the tour desk. Beautifully manicured gardens and lawns surround the giant fish pond.
We loved having breakfast every morning on the lanai looking out over the water occasionally entertained by the whales. A coffee maker, including coffee, is part of the kitchen amenities along with a beautiful fresh pineapple which had been placed in our fridge on arrival.....nice touch.
The only downside to this property is the size of the pool.....not a real problem as the beach is only steps away......and the fact that there is no restaurant and bar attached to the hotel.
Really enjoyed our first visit to Maui......soooo relaxing. Will definitely visit again but will stay at one of the other resorts offering a few more options. Mahalo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina