Our family stayed in Unit 121/123 at The Whaler during December 2012 and had a completely wonderful time. The unit is beautifully set up with two large bedrooms, both with king beds, a spacious living area and nicely equipped galley style kitchen. The master bedroom has an attached full bath and massive closet space. The main bath, located across the hall from the guest bedroom, is a great bonus. The living room/dining room has a great Hawaiian feel with the wicker style furniture.
The art work of Robert Lyn Nelson throughout the condo was incredible and much admired by all of us throughout our time there. During our stay, we came across Diamond Head Gallery which has Mr. Nelson’s artwork. We were fortunate enough to meet Mr. Nelson on the Friday, which is art night in Lahaina. This was an incredible experience for us and our daughters.
Having laundry in the suite is a major plus as we were able to do laundry almost every day without worrying about taking up the facilities that are shared by all the other guests.
While the condo is located at the back of the building, the ocean isn’t that far away and the privacy we had was excellent. The garden greenery blocked our lanai from the side, so we could have our curtains open without anyone glancing in as they walk by. Another great feature is that each room had patio doors, so in all, there were five patios that we could have open, enjoying the wonderful Hawaiian breeze. Because we were so close to the ocean, we didn’t spend that much time on the lanai. When we did though, it was so nice to have our privacy and so much room to relax in.
Prior to our visit, I was in contact with the owner. He was very helpful in giving us ideas of what to do/see during our visit. It was very nice to talk with him prior and I was able to contact him during our stay as well. Knowing that he was readily available was very important.
In our family, there are only four of us so the condo had more than enough space for all of us. The location is amazing: the beach is a moment’s walk away, Black Rock is a beach stroll away, next door to The Whaler’s Village, restaurants abounding, concrete walkway all along the beach, six minutes from Lahaina – what more can you ask for!! When we come back to Ka’anapali, we definitely will be staying here again. As I write this, my heart misses Maui…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina