This was our first trip to Hawaii. We were supposed to have a destination wedding in Mexico, but that was cancelled due to the swine flu situation. My fiance and I decided to go to Maui and tie the knot there. From the moment we stepped into Napili Kai, we knew we made the right decision to come to Maui. It was more gorgeous, tropical, and relaxing than I had anticipated. We had our wedding the 2nd day there. Everything went smoothly. There were so many places on napili bay to get wedding shots. It is usually busy around sunset, but for some reason we lucked out and there weren't very many people on the beach.
We had dinner under the stars (hosted by Seahouse Restaurant) and it was AMAZING. The BEST dinner I have ever had, excellent service, and we even got married at the site where the dinner was held. The wedding couldn't have been more perfect.
The complex is in a very good location. We enjoyed barbequing at night by the ocean and spending time in the Hankipanki Wirlpool. Napili Bay has excellent snorkelling. Some days the waves are really big, and some days it is calm. My husband bought a skimboard, as Napili Bay is on a slope. We also liked how you get beach chairs, towels, and a cooler. We signed out the cooler at the beginning of the trip and used it the whole time we were there. We also enjoyed the mini golf and mai tai party.
The room was very comfortable, amazing views of the ocean. My only complaint would be the birds chirping at 5:30 a.m. every morning, but I was already up at that time anyways.
There isn't much transportation from Napili to Lahaina. An hour bus ride or pretty expensive taxis, but we had such a good time driving in the rental car. We were able to explore and stop at the beaches along the highway.
All in all I would have to say this was our best trip ever! We already want to go back and we have only been home for 1 week. Hope this helps you in your decision!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation-style Resort on secluded beach; 3 miles from Kapalua-West Maui Arpt; 9 mi from Lahaina & 36 mi from Kahului Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Priceline, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Napili Kai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Kai Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Kai Beach Lahaina
- Napili Kai Beach Resort Maui/Lahaina