We just got back as first timers to Maui and Hawaii for our 25th anniversary. The resort was recommended by a friend and the recommendation confirmed over and over by reviews on this site. We chose Napili Kai as an alternative to the high rise resorts in Kaanapali, something with local, old Hawaiian feel and we weren't disappointed. We were upgraded to a corner room in Puna 2 which was outstanding, in fact so fantastic that if we never left the patio we still would have been in paradise. In fact we couldn't find a bad room from any location at the resort, you either had breathtaking oceanfront views, or easy access to the beach with ocean view rooms. From our patio you could watch the sun rise and set on the islands of Lanai and Molokai, see whales breaching near and far, watch the spear fishermen in the morning, paddle boarders or snorklers enjoy the bay throughout the day. Napili Bay is one of the highest rated swimming and snorkeling beaches on the island and its one of the best parts of the package, superb snorkeling and swimming for all ages, its wide and calm, the beach - beautiful. The grounds of Napili Kai are exquisite, serene and immaculate. The staff is warm, friendly and relaxed, there wasn't a staff member here that didn't treat us right, all were neighbor friendly. The Sea House restaurant has delicious food and one of the best happy hours on the island. You can tell that Napili Kai is a word of mouth gem and people that stay here are regulars for a reason. I just can't imagine a more Hawaiian like experience. The rooms are so comfortable with the convenience of small kitchen added in, we wish we would've booked a longer stay. Lots of little touches that make the difference, There's a succinct list of activities throughout the week, that provide just enough for a relaxed experience, but won't overwhelm. No high rises, no tourist trap shopping areas, great walking and exploring trails to the surrounding bays. If you want a truly relaxing experience with diversity of all ages in paradise, Napili Kai and the staff will fit the bill, truly Aloha charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation-style Resort on secluded beach; 3 miles from Kapalua-West Maui Arpt; 9 mi from Lahaina & 36 mi from Kahului Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Amex, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Napili Kai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Kai Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Kai Beach Lahaina
- Napili Kai Beach Resort Maui/Lahaina