I've had the pleasure of frequent visits to Hawaii over the past 15 years, both as a business traveller and a vacationer. Hands down, Napili Kai has my vote for the place that has it all!
Perfectly situated on a idyllic beach, the resort offers excellent swimming, snorkelling and amazing sunsets. We stayed in February, and were treated to daily shows of whale acrobatics seen right from the beach or the waterfront restaurant (no expensive whale-watching boat trips required!). A short walk to the next cove, and you find the turtle hangout - another great snorkelling spot. Every day, the resort offers interesting programs about Hawaiian culture, fun raffles and other events for guests. And the staff is exceptionally friendly, knowledgeable and most accommodating. Without Hulita's help, we would not have been able to obtain a much-coveted reservation for Mama's Fish House on a busy weekend.
The rooms are clean and spacious, with kitchenettes in most. We stayed in Keaka 1. They were in the process of renovating several other buildings, so I can imagine the rooms will be even nicer in terms of decor/design. As other reviewers have said, the happy hour at the Sea House restaurant is a treasure - beautifully prepared food, wide variety, and the best prices on the island.
Best of all, there is a great sense of community, from both the staff as well as the guests (many of whom visit each year) at Napili Kai. Such a joyous place and a perfect location - I will dream of my next visit to the islands and without a doubt, that visit will include me staying at Napili Kai.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Kai Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Kai Beach Hotel
- Napili Kai
- Napili Kai Beach Lahaina
- Napili Kai Beach Resort Maui/Lahaina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation-style Resort on secluded beach; 3 miles from Kapalua-West Maui Arpt; 9 mi from Lahaina & 36 mi from Kahului Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Napili Kai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.