“Best vacation...EVER” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best vacation...EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife and I took our honeymoon and stayed at Napili Kai. I had originally booked an ocean-view room, and when we checked in, they upgraded us to an ocean-front room (not even 15 yards from the sand!!!) The grounds are gorgeous, and the keepers take pride in their work. I was very impressed with the full kitchen (full fridge/freezer, microwave, stovetop, coffee maker) and the room was VERY comfy. Some of the pics I've seen make the room seem a little dated, but those must be in the older buildings, because our room was fantastic. The Sea House restaurant on property is convenient. The food is extremely good, and the servers (for the most part) are ok (some of the servers, especially during breakfast, seem pretty disinterested in providing good service), but that is literally the only thing I could have asked to have been improved. There is really no need for A/C at all, and even though our room had it, it rarely ran at all. We didn't spend much time in the room during the day, and the nights generally cool off into the mid-60s (we felt comfortable sleeping with the screen doors open). The beach is immaculate, and you can leave your sandals, towels, etc near your chair without fear of it being disturbed. The drive from the Kahului (OGG) airport is maybe an hour or so. It is a family-friendly resort, and I can see my growing family spending our vacation at Napili Kai for a LONG time to come. Mahalo and aloha!

Room Tip: Any of the newer buildings if you NEED A/C
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

My father took me here as a kid and it's beauty has not changed. My husband and I stayed here for a romantic trip away from the kids and could not have asked for a more perfect stay. The hotel maintains its charm throughout the years and accommodates couples, families, and retirees. Our room was in Puna II and had breathtaking oceanfront views. We slept every night with the lanai doors open listening to the waves. Our room had a small kitchen which allowed us to eat in if we wanted. My husband got a discounted round of golf on the Kapalua Plantation course and I enjoyed some time at the spa. The beach is perfect for snorkeling, playing in the surf, and even whale watching. I could go on and on but this is a great place to stay especially if you don't really like the busy, crowded, and over priced chain hotels.

• Stayed March 2012
Angels Camp, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We had an amazing week at the Napili Kai. The rooms were comfortable, full kitchen and great layout. The room we had did not have air conditioning but it was very comfortable sleeping with the fans on. The beach is perfect! A bit protected so the waves are not to frightening for some one who is a bit scared of the water. There are a couple hotel kitties which made it easier for me to be away from my cats at home. Staff would do anything to make your stay comfortable. The restaurant on site was our favorite, we had 3 dinners there during our stay. I can't wait to go back

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

What a beautiful way to end our stay on Maui. I would come back here in a minute. Beautiful Beach and wonderful snorkeling and paddle boarding. Swam with the sea turtles. The staff was so nice and helpful and the restaurant was fantastic. Try the cinnamon roll @ breakfast... yummy!
If you like a low key place with the old hawaiian feeling you will love the Napili Kai Beach Resort. Rooms are roomy and clean and there are no elevators, crowds at the restaurant, beach or pool areas. You are not charged for a beach chair or snorkel equipment ( except they don't have fins). Snorkel Bobs is walking distance away so that problem was easily solved. They also had a nice laundry facility so I came home with all clean clothes and was able to pack very light.
Aloha & Mahalo Napili Kai

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Blue Lake, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We were so thrilled to have found this place. It is truly a top notch resort without feeling ridiculous and flamboyant. We stayed in 2 different rooms over the week and they both were new, clean and comfortable feeling. The beach is super. The snorkeling is very nice. Whale watching from our lanai or the beach was outstanding. The sea house restaurant is practically on the beach, but is not intrusive, and has great food and drinks, which you can just charge to your room. Napili bay is a little more protected on the north side, napili kai side, so the water is practically always calm. Close to other great snorkeling spots and Honolua Bay. Napili Kai has more of a neighborhood feeling than some elitist resort feeling but nothing is compromised, everything is top notch. The rooms had a full size fridge, stove and cabinets which made it nice for eating in. I'd go back and I highly recommend this to everyone of all ages.

Room Tip: Look at the sites map to pick a room. The ocean front / ocean view rooms get great sunsets, we stay...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We had the misfortune of being at the Napili Kai in late January when a horrible noisy party was held in one of the rental facilities. And I mean thumping loud music which could be heard up the entire bay, spoiling our evening as well as, I am sure, many others. Not sure how one can prevent this from happening again but we would not stay here again without some kind of assurance that noise from the rental facility would be controlled. Paradise is not a disco.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed 5 nights at the end of February 2012 in a studio apt. in the Lani 2 building. No air conditioning is needed as the Trade Winds and a ceiling fan do the trick. The large studio was recently redone with granite countertops in the kitchen, new cabinets, updated bathroom, and new furniture in the bedroom and lanai. The toiletries are wonderful. I was amazed at the fine quality of the kitchen ware and cutlery as well as the appliances. Everyone was gracious, welcoming and exhibited warm Hawaiian hospitality. No extra fees for parking, WiFi, beach towels, snorkeling equipment or other sports equipment. They don't "nickel and dime you to death".

This place is not for the go-go-go folks. Leave that to the high rises in Ka'anapali Beach area. Napili Kai's charm is in the relaxed pace and feel of the resort. No high rises, and right on Napili Bay. Just roll out of bed onto the beach. Lots of grassy areas and nice gardens around the buildings. I thoroughly enjoyed my relaxing stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Napili Kai Beach Resort? Share your experiences!