“Maui Sands 6B - Paradise in Maui” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maui Sands

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lahaina
Maui Sands
3600 Lower Honoapiilani Road, Honokowai, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761   |
Ranked #14 of 42 Specialty lodging in Lahaina
Calgary, Canada
“Maui Sands 6B - Paradise in Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Absolutely loved our family vacation at Maui Sands 6B from December 25 to January 5, 2013! This condo had everything you'd ever want and more! This condo is spacious, spotless and the ocean is just a few steps from your lanai. We loved the location it is close to shopping, restaurants and a short drive for breakfast at the Plantation. The beds were comfy, lots of towels, and everything you could want in the kitchen. Photos on the web site really don't do this unit justice. If you are looking for the perfect place to stay in Kaanapali, this one is it. Thank you so much for giving our family the opportunity to stay in your lovely condo for our vacation. We would absolutely rent this one again. Very clean and everyone was so friendly and helpful. We would recommend this peaceful, relaxing condo to friends and relatives. Everything was excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had an absolutely amazing stay at Maui Sands! This condo was newly renovated, and done so very nicely! Very modern with a Hawaiian twist! We loved this! It included everything you could possibly need and it was all brand new. The condo was very clean and the people around the grounds were super friendly. The location was perfect, we walked to the farmers market just a block or so down the street and got fresh fruit and veggies etc, also the fish market and the supermarket are very close. We used the bbq at the condo a lot of the time which was very handy. This place is a great location to access all the beaches. We went to a different beach everyday and never had to drive far. You can even walk to some if you wanted. Also the condo is only a 5 min drive from Lahaina's Front St where there is shopping, restaurants, the harbour, nightlife etc. When I said the condo included everything, it even included a book called Maui Revealed which was a very nice touch, as we basically used this book to plan our vacation and get around very easily as each location was described so well and it was something we wouldn't have had otherwise. So thank you to the owners for being so thoughtful for providing this so we wouldn't miss out on a once and a lifetime opportunity! Overall the condo was amazing! We hope to return to this place one day as it is absolutely paradise!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This is an older complex-if you are looking for resort ammenities, keep looking. If great value in convenient Honokowai interests you, then give it a chance.

I rented 720 for my mother and mother in law while visiting for my wedding. We used VRBO, and the pictures and description were accurate. Heather was polite, prompt and helpful. The unit was clean, beautifully updated, cozy and quiet. Michael was helpful while we were there, quickly replacing a Broken TV.

The location in Honokowai is convenient to farmers market, times supermarket, the park and much more. The beach is mot great there, but the fish, crabs turtles on the triple reef are, and great beaches are not far.

720 loses 1 star in my rating because i feel the caretakers could have been more forthcoming with a second key, instructions left as per property regulations (no one wants to come back from an evening of fun to find a chastising note on the door because they left the air conditioner on) and instructions should be left for a surprisingly complicated shower faucet.

Otherwise, I highly recommend this unit.

Mahalo

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sierra Madre, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were so pleased in every way! The condo was so well stocked with all we might need. Loved the terrific snorkels and masks, the great stash of spices (dried and fresh), towels, soaps, cutlery, any and all cooking utensils, the "Best Of" guides. And your remodel/updating was really nice. So comfortable. We can't thank you enough for opening up your vacation home for us to enjoy. So much so that it's possibly planted the seed of us looking for a place in Maui Sands of our own! Merely a wish at this point.

The boys are ready to make it an annual trek. Our nine year old has even offered to save his allowance ($3 a week) to help make it happen. It's the thought that counts.

MAHALO many times over!

Room Tip: We were in Unit 4B which is right on the ocean and was wonderful. Location-wise, I really don't...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed in unit 5A, the ocean was literally right out our back door. It was awesome waking up to the sound of the ocean every morning. The unit was ok, it did its job seems we were out most of the time. It was clean and spacious as we had 4 adults and one child in our group. I would recommend this unit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This property is awesome and it exceeded our expectations!
I’m a travel agent (have been for 10+ years) and consider myself very picky. I looked at tons of condos to rent before I decided on this one.
Not only did the condo look exactly like the pictures ,they have thought of every detail. Every detail!
Ryan was a joy to work with and emailed me right back with any questions I had.
Rarely do I ever stay at the same place (because I like to mix it up and stay where I have not stayed before) .
But I will for sure be booking this property again, and again (anytime I travel to Maui).
I would highly recommend this condo to any of my client’s, friends, and family.
Thank you Ryan for the use of your lovely condo we had an amazing time and the location could not be more perfect.
I’m already missing it – wish I could be back there now!

Shaunna from Redmond, WA

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Aloha, I have stayed at this condo from 8/18/12 for 5 nights with my parents and sister. I had a wonderful stay and wants to share my review with other travelers.

After arriving at the property, I initially thought this was a nice little two story condo complex, but nothing too luxurious. However, after entering our condo I was amazed by the amenities inside. The first thing I noticed was the state of the art entertainment system. The 55 inch LG 3d TV and the five speaker Sony surround system with IPod dock capability were superb. The detailed instructions in the guide book made everything very easy to use. Next, the kitchen appliances were all very modern and up to date. It was just a very nice kitchen overall. Finally we get to the patio and the spectacular views of the ocean. The sunsets from the condo were quite picturesque. The ocean in front of the condo was a little nice spot for snorkeling and you were able to see many different kinds of fish. The property owner was nice enough to provide 4 snorkeling masks as well. In closing, I felt he has thought of everything to provide my family and I a very comfortable stay in this condo. I would highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for a place to stay on the west side of Maui. I know this will be the only place I ever stay at whenever I return to Maui!

Room Tip: It's on a ground floor; if you leave the window open at night, you can hear the ocean...very soo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Maui Sands? Share your experiences!