“Fantastic Stay at Maui Sands 4B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maui Sands

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lahaina
Maui Sands
3600 Lower Honoapiilani Road, Honokowai, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761   |
Ranked #19 of 42 Specialty lodging in Lahaina
Sierra Madre, California
“Fantastic Stay at Maui Sands 4B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were so pleased in every way! The condo was so well stocked with all we might need. Loved the terrific snorkels and masks, the great stash of spices (dried and fresh), towels, soaps, cutlery, any and all cooking utensils, the "Best Of" guides. And your remodel/updating was really nice. So comfortable. We can't thank you enough for opening up your vacation home for us to enjoy. So much so that it's possibly planted the seed of us looking for a place in Maui Sands of our own! Merely a wish at this point.

The boys are ready to make it an annual trek. Our nine year old has even offered to save his allowance ($3 a week) to help make it happen. It's the thought that counts.

MAHALO many times over!

Room Tip: We were in Unit 4B which is right on the ocean and was wonderful. Location-wise, I really don't...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed in unit 5A, the ocean was literally right out our back door. It was awesome waking up to the sound of the ocean every morning. The unit was ok, it did its job seems we were out most of the time. It was clean and spacious as we had 4 adults and one child in our group. I would recommend this unit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This property is awesome and it exceeded our expectations!
I’m a travel agent (have been for 10+ years) and consider myself very picky. I looked at tons of condos to rent before I decided on this one.
Not only did the condo look exactly like the pictures ,they have thought of every detail. Every detail!
Ryan was a joy to work with and emailed me right back with any questions I had.
Rarely do I ever stay at the same place (because I like to mix it up and stay where I have not stayed before) .
But I will for sure be booking this property again, and again (anytime I travel to Maui).
I would highly recommend this condo to any of my client’s, friends, and family.
Thank you Ryan for the use of your lovely condo we had an amazing time and the location could not be more perfect.
I’m already missing it – wish I could be back there now!

Shaunna from Redmond, WA

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Aloha, I have stayed at this condo from 8/18/12 for 5 nights with my parents and sister. I had a wonderful stay and wants to share my review with other travelers.

After arriving at the property, I initially thought this was a nice little two story condo complex, but nothing too luxurious. However, after entering our condo I was amazed by the amenities inside. The first thing I noticed was the state of the art entertainment system. The 55 inch LG 3d TV and the five speaker Sony surround system with IPod dock capability were superb. The detailed instructions in the guide book made everything very easy to use. Next, the kitchen appliances were all very modern and up to date. It was just a very nice kitchen overall. Finally we get to the patio and the spectacular views of the ocean. The sunsets from the condo were quite picturesque. The ocean in front of the condo was a little nice spot for snorkeling and you were able to see many different kinds of fish. The property owner was nice enough to provide 4 snorkeling masks as well. In closing, I felt he has thought of everything to provide my family and I a very comfortable stay in this condo. I would highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for a place to stay on the west side of Maui. I know this will be the only place I ever stay at whenever I return to Maui!

Room Tip: It's on a ground floor; if you leave the window open at night, you can hear the ocean...very soo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family and I were staying at Maui Sands, Unit 4B, for 5 nights from 8/18/12 to 8/23/12. We had a wonderful stay at this property and definitely would recommend this property to our family and friends. The owner is very helpful and professional; he also cares deeply about the environment. The description of this unit on VRBO website is very accurate. Maui Sands is a two-story building and this unit is on the ground level with two bedrooms and 1.5 bath. This condo is clean and modern yet charming. It's fully furnished with the best equipments especially the entertainment center. My college age children think the condo is very cool and one of the kinds. We really enjoyed the ocean front and view from the lanai. Personally, I felt relaxing and peaceful when looking out to the ocean every morning and when returning to the condo in the evening to watch the amazing sunset. We have been to Maui three times; by far, this was the best trip. It's because our children are older now but also because this condo was so comfortable. Ryan, thank you for providing a wonderful place for our vacation and hopefully it'll still be the same for our next visit. D Cao & T Nguyen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at Maui Sands 5C for a week in July 2012. The condo has two decent bedrooms, a good size family room and a nice kitchen. The back patio is only a few feet from the ocean wall so you have a great view and can listen to the waves at night, but there is no real beach access. There is an ocean wall with a 10' drop to some rocks so I would be weary of letting small kids play much. There is a double reef outside the unit which makes for some really good snorkeling. We swam (accidently) up on three huge turtles while snorkeling one afternoon. I also had a great time just wading in the water with my kids and searching for shells and loose coral.

There are plenty of low key dining options within a short walk, but if you want something nicer you have to drive. There are no resort style amenities but we really liked being able to go do an activity for half the day then kick back at the condo and maybe go snorkeling in the afternoon.

We didn't have any need to interact with the property owner, except to say that they were accomidating with our request for a late departure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Castro Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Hello Ryan, we found out about Maui Sands years ago and fell in love with the place back then, pretty much we were satisfied just having the ocean front views; now after discovering your place it was like being in a penthouse not only do we have the great ocean front views but all the wonderful comfort amenities and more. Having the parking on the other side of the condo allows you to walk through the lovely garden area. Upon entering using the touch pad and walking into the tastefully decorated condo it gives you a sense that you have arrived. We became quite familiar with all the amenities in a short time thanks to your guides and settled in. Morning was our favorite time, we tuned in "IZ" on Pandora while having our breakfast on the lanai soooo relaxing. Having all the necessities to prepare meals in the kitchen accented by the different lighting levels complementing the well chosen colors and materials was inviting. As they say its the small things that make the difference and yes the grocery cart worked on so many different occasions, the beach chairs and umbrella are wonderful accessories that add that special touch. It has if nothing was overlooked making our stay the WOW FACTOR! Anyone thinking of visiting maui to enjoy the low key laid back style you will have that and more while staying at sands.

Jim & Viki Ardito

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Maui Sands? Share your experiences!